Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-29-2018, 07:40 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsBeast View Post
While planning my own propane locate project, I think I came across a fill relocation kit, or something, maybe on the Manchester site. The big downside would be reaching under to turn on an off the use valve, you're supposed to close the valve before driving.
I'm running a 5.9 gal Manchester propane tank with a remote fill between the frame rails between the battery and underfloor storage. I have a remote fill system plumbed to the drivers side panel down low. It's worked very well.

saline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 10:02 AM   #22

You may want to look at small propane tank options. I have the standard SMB tank that is (from memory) ~6-7gal, and I use maybe 1/4-1/3 tank per year for a month travelling..heat and stove. YMMV, but I never fill it to keep weight a little down....
moorefc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 10:05 AM   #23

I think i have decided to just relocate my air compressor to under the the back like i have seen someone do on here. Then just get a standard tank for the side.

Cutting it this weekend hopefully.
bemerritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 10:29 AM   #24

Note that location tends to be pretty dusty if driving on those types of roads....Not sure, but the typical forward left side may be a little less so. In any case the compressor can be protected a bit wherever placed. This is one I've struggled with...
Old 12-06-2018, 10:31 AM   #25

Yeah, there isobviously a filter on the intake of the compressor, and it will only run while stationary, so it shouldnt suck in too much dust. But yea, will at least have a skid plate on the bottom for protection, maybe ill add a little more for dust.
bemerritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 10:46 AM   #26

I did one in the back, between 25 gallon water tank and rear bumper. This was an RB too. It was tight but it worked awesome. I ran the fresh air intake through the floor using existing holes for the rear AC and put the filter in a cabinet. It was perfectly clean still when I sold the rig.

The pics etc. are deep in the Rusty build.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 10:59 AM   #27

Good idea on the intake. I just replaced the carbon canister and blew a lot of dust debris out of the evap canisters, etc due to the infamous slow fuel fill issue...Relocated the intake/exhaust vent for that to the gas fill tube area from near the bumper..per..TSB 7-15-01 attached...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2009-12-23_182400_07_E250_slow_fill_TSB_07-15-01.pdf (43.0 KB, 35 views)
Old 12-06-2018, 09:47 PM   #28

may be late to the party, but you might consider fabbing your own cross member independent of the hitch. I just went through this after removing my spare tire carrier and deciding to swap out a bumper to one with an integrated hitch.

In the swap process, the rear squatted down and rails angled out enough that the holes in my bolt-in shelf from Ujoint no longer aligned with the welded nuts on the frame. It was a bit of a trick to pull the rails back in and put everything back together and would have been a lot easier had I anticipated the problem.

Yes, the hitch will do the trick but you might want a back up bar in case you ever have a reason to pull the hitch. Only speaking up because I just learned this one - the hard way.
bmccann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 07:44 AM   #29

This just made my day. Hilarious! Thank you
leedhambly@mac.com is offline   Reply With Quote