Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2016, 05:39 PM   #141

Put me down for one purrrrdddy please!!!

khalilsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 12:54 PM   #142

Okay!!!!!!
Time to line up for the arriving batch which I expect to have at the end of next week - May 19th. No longer will women and children be at risk! No more bungee cords, wire. Just a nice, elegant self storing device to keep the 40 door open.

These are super similar to the Original Door Talon - same function, really high quality pieces and similar hardware.

The name is now "The Door Claw" to make a distinction from the originals. The double hook design accommodates the two different style door hinges Ford used on the Econoline vans. One allows the 40 door to swing more than the other. The Kit comes with a easy to follow installation sheet.

Here are pics of the new Door Claw Kit:
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4717.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	11553

Cost on these is $45 for one, $85 for two, which includes shipping via USPS Priority Mail.
Payment is via PayPal.

Important: PLEASE Subscribe to this thread and make sure your UserCP settings are notifying you of posts to this thread and PM's sent to you. Sending your Email address to me is a good "just in case", mine is "searay230@gmail.com"

re: Payment:
PayPal $45 for one set/ $85 for two sets to:
searay230@gmail.com. This is a "Friends and Family" transaction as it is for the friends/members here on the SportsmobileForum, please select as such when making payment. INCLUDE in the comments section:
Forum Name, Real name and Shipping address for US Post Office Delivery. A phone number is helpful. Your email will come through with your payment.

Let me know, either here on the thread or via PM or email, if you have any questions. Thanks!

Ray

LIST AT TIME OF THIS POSTING:
khalilsc
mk216v
Otter
Sheriffdoug
Jsweezy
gcvt
pmcypress
MorieSugg
TheLetterJ
BVerhulst
arctictraveller
adventurevan5
B350
vwteleman
checksicks
illking (2 or 3 sets)
jjuan
Tienckb
Old 05-12-2016, 01:11 PM   #143

It's about damn time!
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 01:22 PM   #144

Awesome.

One question- for the install, do I need access to the inside of the door. My van goes to CCV at the end of next week, and I'm having them install a door galley- wondering if I'll run into a problem after the door galley is installed (it's not removable.)

Thanks.
MorieSugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 01:43 PM   #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorieSugg View Post
For the install, do I need access to the inside of the door.....
Yes, Access to the interior space of the door is needed to tighten the nuts. I can send the Kit to CCV so they would have it around Thursday/Friday next week. Will that be too late?

The other thing that can be done is to make sure there is an access panel to that interior area through the back of the door galley.
Old 05-12-2016, 01:55 PM   #146

Location: Rancho Nuevo (Cabo/Todos Santos) B.C.S. and San Diego, CA
The Claw! Like it.

AgileOffRoad.com
BajaSportsmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 02:06 PM   #147

Is there an option for the other door?

I hate to jump the gun, but is there an option for the door that you open first (that swings toward the front passenger door)? The store seems to have the exact same issue, arguably even more often. Maybe this has already been covered in the thread, my apologies if so!
Old 05-12-2016, 02:13 PM   #148

The 60 door has the factory door stay which, if in good condition, should hold the door open. Is yours "weak"?
Old 05-12-2016, 02:23 PM   #149

Good point, I spaced the fact that I disconnected the factory door stay many years back due to the fact that it does not allow the door to open to its fullest potential and ends up awkwardly sticking out IMO. I guess I'll live with it as-is or re-hook the factory door stay and see if my opinion has changed. Thanks for the reply! And BTW money has been sent! Thanks for taking one for the team!
Old 05-12-2016, 02:36 PM   #150

Send a message via AIM to illking
Paypal sent, looking forward to it!
illking is offline   Reply With Quote