Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2008, 10:59 PM   #111

Had a major oil leak coming from my motor. After a while, figured out it was an oil pump mounting bolt that was leaking. When I did the oil pump a few months back, there was one bolt hole that went through to an oil galley. When I installed that bolt back then, was torn between using silicone or teflon tape. Went with silicone. That was the wrong choice. Cleaned up the motor, pulled the bolt, wrapped it with teflon tape, reinstalled the bolt. Problem solved. So glad it wasn't a main seal.

Old 08-04-2008, 09:48 AM   #112

Over the weekend, I installed Dynaloc hubs, a trailer brake controller, a new stereo (Pioneer DEH-P6000UB head unit with two aux ports), and cleaned up the outside of the pig.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:16 PM   #113

Deminimis, what brake controler did you use, how hard was it to put in and where did you end up mounting the controller.
Thanks in advance,
Chris
Old 08-05-2008, 08:47 AM   #114

I had a Hopkins Impulse controller I purchased a while back. Want the better one that starts with a "T" like Jage has. I bought that brand's adapter for my Ford and spliced into it. Once that's done, its a simple plug and play operation. I mounted on the lower left side of the lower dash panel. It out of the way and allows access to the side control (I have several trailers which haul a variety of items).
Old 08-05-2008, 01:07 PM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by deminimis
Want the better one that starts with a "T" like Jage has.
That is the Tekonsha.

There have been other posts about it including here:
http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/vie...light=tekonsha

steve
Does anyone really read this stuff other than surfgeek?
cellularSTEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 01:43 PM   #116

Thanks Steve. Yup, that's the one. Read up on it vs. my unit a few months back. The Tekonsha one is way sweeter than my Hopkins (Hoppy) unit. Already had the Hopkins unit, so in it went. Since I used the Tekonsha adapter for Ford, I'm one step ahead if I make the switch later down the road. Jage's thread in electronics has a great picture of where your plug in the adapter. That pic proved invaluable.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:44 PM   #117

Thanks.
Chris
Old 08-06-2008, 09:38 PM   #118

Garage
Send a message via AIM to mmocken
I did 2 recent projects
- Made large mesh screen for rear door. Used snaps to fasten to area just inside the doors. Allows a lot of air in. Used fiberglass screen material from Lowes, snaps from fabric store and some thread to sew a perimeter hem. At the bottom is a small hose to use gravity to keep the bottom flush without using snaps there. Will roll up easily when not in use.
- Added memory foam to PH bed. Bought a memory foam mattress topper, 1.5 inch thick. I cut the foam a little smaller than the PH rubber pad (note I have the 3 section PH bed). This allowed the new foam to not get overcompressed at the edges and will still expand to make the PH mattress thicker. The additional thickness was still less than the small air gap between PH roof and bed. There was some interfearance towards the rear of the bed, but not enough to effect the roof closing. Bed is about 25% thicker and much better than before.

I'll post some pictures later, my Comcast modem is bad and I'm on limited internet until fixed

--->
Marty's 'BearsMobile'

1995 Dodge SMB EB-20 + modified for shower in back, PH Microlite Starcool. 130k miles young!
https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/alb...a37caeae3a.jpg
mmocken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 08:17 PM   #119

Wife working today and kids were busy abusing the pets and tearing the wings off butterflies, so found some time to do some work. Pulled the XM system and properly installed my Sirius system (no more antenna sliding around on the dash). Installed the Pioneer BTB-200 Bluetooth adapter as well (behind the passenger lower dash). All works great.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:19 PM   #120

Repairs

Went camping for a couple of days. Great places, but nasty roads, or I didn't pay enough attention.... Had to replace the broken off Carr passenger side step (came down on a rock as the "road" was all basket balls and bigger) and also replaced the right rear center "hub cap" where a rock kissed it in a narrow spot.
Was all worth it though. Totally alone at super high Sierra lakes.

2007 RB50, 6.0
K1WGB
scatter is offline   Reply With Quote