Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-20-2014, 12:55 PM   #1541
Site Team

Re: What did you do to your SMB today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallypanam
Genius. Headed out to grab some tubing now.
Save some money and don't bother with the silicone tubing like I bought (detailed on FTE). I don't think the extra money is worth it, and between it stretching and picking up grit off the ground, I think it's more trouble than its worth. Silicone spray? Heck yes, a must have IMO.

Herb

Old 12-21-2014, 08:59 AM   #1542

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler
Save some money and don't bother with the silicone tubing like I bought (detailed on FTE). I don't think the extra money is worth it, and between it stretching and picking up grit off the ground, I think it's more trouble than its worth. Silicone spray? Heck yes, a must have IMO.

Herb
My local store didn't have a very good selection, so I'll probably just order from McMaster.. What's the best? Black latex in 3/8 OD/1/4 ID?
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 10:22 AM   #1543

Garage

$33.65 for 50' on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004HE...U-L&ref=plSrch
Old 12-21-2014, 12:54 PM   #1544

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapatio
Perfect. Thanks.
Old 12-21-2014, 12:56 PM   #1545

Finally made some quick 'bed risers' to allow the space under the back of the '50' bed to be more usable space.. Now my cooler and various other things fit under the bed!

Old 01-02-2015, 10:31 PM   #1546

Finally confirmed that my heater core blend door is not working. Didn't get much done over the holidays, but dug in again today. Huge PITA. I'm actually sore LOL.

Removed the passenger seat. Re-tested the blend door motor to make sure it was working. Took the heater core cover off. Manipulated the blend door by hand to make sure it was moving freely. Re-installed the blend door motor. Can see the output shaft on the blend door motor rotating but the blend door does not move.

Heated the van up. Plenty of heat coming through the core so I don't think it's clogged. Got hot water through all lines. Time to order a new blend door assembly, drain the coolant, remove the core, install new blend door, reinstall core, and then reinstall everything else that takes so many hours to do.

If your heater stops working, I recommend just taking it to a shop if you're in your mid-40's and have a bad back

Oh well, I probably needed a coolant flush anyway.
gcvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 03:52 PM   #1547
Dia

^ This is awesome!
Old 01-04-2015, 11:41 PM   #1548

Mounted the Scangauge II that Santa brought me. Put it just above the aux 12v power point, like several of you have done. Had to do a lot research checking out the forums before getting up the nerve to drill a hole in the dash. Thanks to all those who have gone before me and took the time to post pictures and instructions. Couldn't have done it without you!
sbgrimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 11:55 PM   #1549

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dia
^ This is awesome!
I'd prefer to be on the sofa reading one of your stories. This repair sucks so much. It's cheap, but the hours involved are crazy.
gcvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 08:21 AM   #1550
Dia

Oops! I knew I shouldn't have tried to post from my phone.

Your repair sounds like quite the PITA, but as you say, at least it's cheap. One of the things I really admire about this site the amount of general auto and DIY knowledge.

The thing I was trying to say was awesome is the dry erase map somebody installed on the PH ceiling. I love the idea of being able to draw in the routes you've traveled, plus it solves that writer problem of having a totally awesome idea in the middle of the night, being sure you'll remember it because it's just that awesome, then going back to sleep and forgetting the whole darn thing.

Marker and a dry erase ceiling? Problem solved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcvt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dia
^ This is awesome!
I'd prefer to be on the sofa reading one of your stories. This repair sucks so much. It's cheap, but the hours involved are crazy.