Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-09-2017, 08:39 PM   #2191

Sounds awesome Shae. And it sounds like a long day.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 08:43 PM   #2192

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by shenrie View Post
in the span of last weekend, so not just today, but finished today with the assistance a few members of the forum...as usual

swapped in a lsd sterling ff axle from a 05 f250, swapped out both front hubs so now my van is 8x170. went to 17x9 wheels and went up in tire size to 315/70's.

it was a tiring endevour, but im happy to have that rear axle in there and be able to replace my front hubs with off the shelf parts. now i gotta get used to that fat rear axle...its amazing how much a 3" wider axle changes how far out the apex of corners are, lol.

next on the immediate list is turning front rotors and adding hawk pads (hopefully on thursday) and installing some bushwackers i got on sale over the holidaze. having an inch wider rim on front with wider tires i notice a lot more crap being thrown all over the place
Its always upsetting to see an email with information like this and then when I open the link on the browser there are no pictures...

Google Sled Hockey - You won't be disappointed.
Jsweezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 09:32 PM   #2193

Garage
^^^ dude I know and I'll get some pix, but there were so many tasks to tackle I was seriously running around the shop like a chicken with its, well you know...then at the end of the day I fire it to leave and there's squat for brakes. Finish this morning after swapping out a wrong caliper. Building where I work got flooded, working from home...its been nutty. Not to mention a record snowfall year for Boise followed by 40+ degree temps with rain...Parked in my driveway today, put it in park and the van slide back to the street. That's a first for me, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post
Sounds awesome Shae. And it sounds like a long day.
Day!? It was a long weekend. I'm beat to hell. I'm just lucky I had a few buddies including member backcountrypursuit helping me out. Not to mention a borrowed shop. The lift was awesome in the big picture!!!
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 03:28 PM   #2194

Garage
another 4" of snow overnight and rain all day. what a freaking mess, lol.

crappy pic after shoveling driveway...
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
Old 01-10-2017, 03:36 PM   #2195

Garage
That's what I'm talking about!

Google Sled Hockey - You won't be disappointed.
Jsweezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 05:37 PM   #2196

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsweezy View Post
That's what I'm talking about!
What he said.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 06:31 PM   #2197

Garage
Thanks fellas!
Old 01-10-2017, 09:22 PM   #2198

Rotopax mounted

Mounted a 2 gallon Rotopax to the back of my Aluminess box to transport gas for the generator.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_9343.jpg  
Old 01-10-2017, 09:27 PM   #2199

Bye Bye Obsolete Satellite Dish

My KVH A5 satellite dish has become obsolete due to new technology. Too bad, because the new ones are astronomically expensive; I have better things to spend money on! There's an opening in my Aluminess roof rack now; thinking about installing a basket (e.g. for drying wetsuits or waders?). Ideas welcome!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_9325.jpg  
Old 01-10-2017, 09:36 PM   #2200

Custom Overhead Light Shades

My overhead flood lights are awesome on the trail or in the woods (they are especially beneficial for identifying all the branches I'm going to strike with this incredibly high roofline). However, they cast a lot of light down into the cab, making them all but useless due to the glare on the windshield and dash. So I bought a pair of KC light covers, and immediately cut them to pieces, drilled some holes, gave them a coat of black paint, and zip-tied them to the stone guards. First image includes one with the new glare shield, and without. All 4 installed now, problem solved!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_9310.jpg   IMG_9312.jpg