Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2018, 01:46 PM   #2681

Twoxentrix, that is a great upgrade. Not sure there's much else you could upgrade on your rig; that thing is a beast!

wish41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 05:44 PM   #2682

Quote:
Originally Posted by karma View Post
upgraded to ford 6.4 starter on my 6.0. Starts quicker now.
Is that a direct replacement? I've never been very impressed with the starter on my 6.0. Does it draw more current to spin quicker? I would think so.

- 2005 EB50 6.0PSD - SMB 4x4
pjpvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 10:47 AM   #2683

Yakima ShowCase cargo box added

It wasn't a planned acquisition, but I won this at the local RackAttack grand opening, so I went ahead and mounted it up.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20180523_191414.jpg   IMG_20180523_191430.jpg   IMG_20180523_191551.jpg  
YoTerryh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 03:24 PM   #2684

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoTerryh View Post
It wasn't a planned acquisition, but I won this at the local RackAttack grand opening, so I went ahead and mounted it up.
Good for you! Way to go! Once in a great while I win $2 back on a lotto ticket - figure it cost me over $300 to get any type of return, but it keeps the hope alive.
Old 05-24-2018, 05:49 PM   #2685

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctictraveller View Post

Can you elaborate on how your fancy new software assists in trouble shooting, I've not heard of it before. Thanks......
I've been eye balling the AutoEnginuity software for years but just never committed to get it. Fore those not familiar Ford Dealers have the most comprehensive software for all Ford products, including my Van. This type of software goes way, way down past just a trouble code reader. But it's very expensive subscription, I think costing thousands per year. So allegedly the next best thing is AutoEnginuity which isn't quite as thorough, but close, and way better than a code reader. The parts of the Van I'm looking to be able to get into are ABS, Air Bag as well as deeper into the EMCU, plus the ability to Data Log. This is what I had available for Subarus and it was a huge help.

AE uses a laptop and a cord dongle to the OBD II port. The "cord" has some computer equipment at the plug so it's a little more than just a cord. I purchased straight from AE and bought the "Scan Tool" which is the cord and basic software plus the "Ford Enhancement" which gives the full functionality I'm looking for. Side note - what is cool about this over the Subaru software, it is not married to one vehicle so I can use it as much as I want. If only I owned more fords.

I'm just starting to explore it and honestly don't know that much about it yet. I'm also not sure why AutoEnginuity seems to be a heated topic on the Ford forums. So far it seems like what I'm looking for to continued success wrenching on my van.

Here is the link:
https://www.autoenginuity.com/produc...d-family-ei01/

From a different topic but you guys probably know this about me by now.
ShuttlePilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 07:02 PM   #2686

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShuttlePilot View Post

AE uses a laptop and a cord dongle to the OBD II port. The "cord" has some computer equipment at the plug so it's a little more than just a cord. I purchased straight from AE and bought the "Scan Tool" which is the cord and basic software plus the "Ford Enhancement" which gives the full functionality I'm looking for. Side note - what is cool about this over the Subaru software, it is not married to one vehicle so I can use it as much as I want. If only I owned more fords.
ShuttlePilot - Sounds like a great tool... too bad they havent figured a way to install WiFi or Bluetooth at the end of the cord that plugs into the laptop so the vehicles info could be transmitted wireless to a laptop - "an intelligent someone" at the other end could remotely fix or diagnose our issue(s)... for a nominal fee.
****Does that all sound too easy?
Old 05-24-2018, 07:20 PM   #2687

Garage
Is this program like ForScan?

Google Sled Hockey - You won't be disappointed.
Jsweezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 08:12 PM   #2688

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsweezy View Post
Is this program like ForScan?
Yes, AE is the more costlier competitor to ForScan(mostly free).
ShuttlePilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 09:02 PM   #2689

Quote:
Originally Posted by wish41 View Post
Twoxentrix, that is a great upgrade. Not sure there's much else you could upgrade on your rig; that thing is a beast!
Agreed! The suspension looks pretty damn manly. Glad it worked out for you.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 07:08 PM   #2690

[QUOTE=ShuttlePilot;228045]I've been eye balling the AutoEnginuity software for years but just never committed to get it. Fore those not familiar Ford Dealers have the most comprehensive software for all Ford products, including my Van. This type of software goes way, way down past just a trouble code reader./QUOTE]

Thanks for that great explination. Still, I'm trying to wrap my head around how software assists trouble shooting of wiring and assists in locating shorts, opens, high resistance connections etc. At least thats what I think I read earlier in the thread. I assume it could also somehow monitor the inputs and outputs of my keyless entry module. It would be interesting to see if, when randomly locking or unlocking the doors, there was a corresponding input to go with the output, or is the module having a brain fart?
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote