Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-12-2008, 06:18 PM   #21

Garage
Well, i took advantage of a sunny, warm afternoon here in the mtns and refinished my front Reunel bumper. It has been showing a bit of rust coming thru and it was in dire need of a make-over. After a good sanding, and then cleaning/degreasing it was time. I went the cheapskate route and used rattlecan primer and paint. Actually came out pretty decent, will put another coat on in the morning then it'll be good til I decide to spend the coin on getting them line-x coated or something similar. All in all, i would have to give it a thumbs up for a whooping $9.00 on the paint/primer.

cheers,

-d

Old 03-12-2008, 10:05 PM   #22

New hubs and u-joints arrived today. Only had time to install the new hubs this evening before the usual "you never spend any time with the family" shreaked though the air. At least I have 4WD now (to aid in my overland escape if needed). Clearly, Dante was short by one level.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:29 PM   #23

Replaced a broken switch for my InstaHot (instant hot water system). Finally bought a small weather station, interior LED light and Life Hammer tool to break the glass and cut the seatbelt. Cleaned the fridge and drank two beers.

steve
Does anyone really read this stuff other than surfgeek?
cellularSTEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 12:48 PM   #24

Didnt' do anything to DaBee but did take it for a ride. Poor thing has been parked in the garage since Nov. Took it into town for a little ride just to make sure everything was still in working order.

DABEE a 2006 Ford EB250 with penthouse top.
Life Is Good.
danamrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 10:05 PM   #25

My checking account continues to hemmorage money quicker than Spitzer's bank accounts. Today, new Optima yellow top battery because the starter battery that came in my SMB was too tall for the engine compartment (hood was tweaked a little when closed). All better now. Made a jig for slicing hockey pucks in half to later use to support the rear swing arms. Replaced one of the swing arms bolts with a cut down 2 1/2" to 2 1/4" (that gives the perfect amount of smooth shaft for the swingarm application). Wife was stopped for speeding by a friend of mine today. Yea, that gave me some bank. She couldn't even complain about my working on the SMB tonight.
Old 03-14-2008, 11:17 PM   #26

I really like this thread. It shows the fine work that people put into there SMB. Deminimis I cracked up when I saw your member number. Did you plan that or just good luck.
Old 03-15-2008, 12:00 AM   #27

Pure chance. What's it mean? Son of Satan (which would be really weird as that would mean I'm my wife's son), some trinity dream crystal thing, some band, the spiritual meaning of snow, or?
Old 03-15-2008, 07:50 PM   #28

Replaced the crummy sheet metal screws that hold my box to the swing arms with good stainless 5/16 bolts. Lower tubes had lots of stinky water in them. Drilling holes for the new bolts allowed the bilge to drian. Replaced the other hinge bolt on the swingarm that I didn't get to last night. Foamed around the sink drain pipe where is passes through the floor (had a gap which allowed some diesel exhaust into the SMB when at idle). Moved up front and traced the connections for the Edge Juice w/ attitude programer. Figured it all out and reconnected it. Works perfectly. Had hoped to switch out the rear driveline u-joints today, but visiting neighbors, buddies and kids' trampoline ate up a lot of time. Its coming along nicely.
Old 03-15-2008, 09:40 PM   #29

Send a message via Yahoo to lowracer
Waxed the outside, cleaned the inside. Found that someone had left two dirty diapers in the trash can under the sink, at least a couple months ago. That explains the funky smell I've been smelling in the van. Sprayed the whole thing down with Lysol and left all the windows open today. Hopefully that'll fix it.
Old 03-15-2008, 09:42 PM   #30

That's just plum nasty. At least Lysol cures all.