Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2008, 05:46 PM   #81

I'm with Jeffrey. After attaching a Baja Box with a Thule Bike Rack to to the rear Aluminess Bumper, I drilled some drain holes in the box so I wouldn't be carrying 20 gallons of rain water around with me.

I'll post a "how to" on switching a Baja Basket with a Baja Box this week after I sort through the pics of the extravaganza.

Dagger Royalex Legend 16 foot canoe (white-water)
Maravia New Wave 13.5 foot raft (fishing and white-water)
Ed in Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 09:31 PM   #82

Water pump , repaired radiator and new condensor all installed along with new hoses and belt. Celebrated by relocating my rear license plate to the bumper like most everyone else (Gerry Cans were blocking the license plate). New Hella license plate light. Got the left front wheel off to begin replacing wheel bearings and decided to heck with it. Too tired and I need to get my dirt bike ready for Moab.

Really, I'd advise you guys check your lines and hoses. Both trans lines were rubbing against the sway bar, cross bars, braces, etc. In fact, could hardly find a line or hose that wasn't rubbing against something. Also discovered that my propane tank is tight up again the approx 1/8" thick sharp (90 degree) steel corner of a brake line mount. I have to bend the tab away from the tank when I get home tonight (hopefully the tank isn't too compromised). That's just wrong SMB.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:00 PM   #83

Torque

I made a Typo error regarding wheel torque Specs . This was at the suggestion of the boys at Walker Evans shop . I torque up to 185 foot pounds and then back off immediately to the suggested 150 foot pounds , I am somewhat consumed in my thought process regarding the on going electrical glitch that I have been trying to overcome with our EB-50 . I thought I knew what I was typing , A MOMENTARY LAPSE !
Greggde
Greggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 11:07 PM   #84

Where does the time go? Recharged the AC (now that I think I've found all leaks). Switched out my damaged waterpump fan (damaged because, ah, I dropped it when removing the waterpump last week). Went fairly easy. Reorganzied the AC lines, etc., that run along the top of the shroud (bunched up and and therefore causing the air intake housing to push down on the shroud, in turn causing the old fan to rub the shroud sometimes). Also, seems I fixed my cruise control (cleaned the connection at the master cyl). All that work and had to bag the Moab trip. At least I talked my 5-yr-old into a little overnighter in the SMB on Mt. Hood tonight. Its past ten P and that camp'n bed time folks. G' night.
Old 05-04-2008, 11:14 PM   #85

Garage
Send a message via AIM to mmocken
Replaced stock 'premium' stereo tape deck with new JVC unit.

Stock unit blew-out...no audio

My new JVC has remote control, MP3 disc play and aux in for music player input. No bluetooth or Ipod control.

Nice basic unit for 13YO van. Got a deal on last years model, $160 installed.

--->
Marty's 'BearsMobile'

1995 Dodge SMB EB-20 + modified for shower in back, PH Microlite Starcool. 130k miles young!
https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/alb...a37caeae3a.jpg
mmocken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 09:08 AM   #86

Front wheel bearings....frick'n wheel bearings. Good thing I didn't go on the Moab trip as I don't think I would have made it. One bearing was pretty dry (starting to discolor from heat, a little scoring and even evidence that it had turned on the spindle a little). At least two difference greases in the hub (one syn the other?). Replaced all wheel bearings with new (bearings/races/seals) and packed with Redline CV-2. That ought to do it. No longer do I feel a slight clicking in the steering wheel when wheel is near fully turned on accel or decel and the slight pull to the right seems to have gone away. Only thing I have left (mechanically -that I know of) is to change out both rear U-Joints and get my Edge Juice w. Attitude working correctly (new EGT sensor arrives today, so will see if that cures the sometimes over-inflated readings).
Old 05-12-2008, 08:55 AM   #87

Took it easy on the Sporty this past weekend. Just changed the temp probe for the Edge Juice w/ Attitude programmer in hopes of getting a little more accurate exhaust gas temp readings. No noticiable change, so looks like its a software issue (will have to send the brain into Edge Products).
Old 05-18-2008, 09:40 AM   #88

Yesterday I hunted down a 4-ATC fuse block and installed it and 3 relay sockets along with running all the wiring for my new Lightforce and rewiring for the Hellas.
Old 05-18-2008, 12:29 PM   #89

Send a message via AIM to Greg In Austin Send a message via Yahoo to Greg In Austin
Slept in it for the first time !

Drooled on it.....

It attended a birthday party for three family members.

Looked to see where we want cup holders and hooks and such...

Basically just enjoyed it being here.

2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (15 to 18 mpg) [Johnnie]
2012 Mitsubishi MiEV (no gas required) ($.50/day in electricity) [Evie]
https://badge.facebook.com/badge/1232...3.32047100.png
Greg In Austin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 12:59 PM   #90

Slept

Greg , Looks Great and I know it Feel's even Greater . Congratulations
Greggde
Greggd is offline   Reply With Quote