Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-27-2016, 07:30 PM   #2171

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesisnight View Post
The bottom of my bumpers are plastic and I have done other bumpers that are completely plastic and its worked great. You will have no issues with bushwackers. Just scuff it up good with a sander and around 220/320 grit paper or a red scotchbrite pad.
Thanks, nemesisnight. I'm looking at their tints now.

Old 11-27-2016, 09:56 PM   #2172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
Nice setup! I put in the Pioneer NEX too and love it. Let me know what you think of those speakers... I'm looking at changing my stock speakers out soon.

I did click on your wire harness links and it comes up saying "not for your (2014) vehicle". Wondering if they would actually work for my year/model.
I know Ford changed the wiring connectors at some point I went to Crutchfield.com and picked a 2014 E Series and it gave me the same part number so I am not sure. I get a lot of stuff on Amazon but I always use Crutchfield to check for fitment. I usually double check their prices as well sometimes they are lower, but they also do open box deals for some major savings.
www.DirkMitchell.com
Dirk Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 10:30 PM   #2173

Yesterday my swivel seat base finally went in. I can't take credit except for taking the bolts off original seat/base. Wrassling seats in and out is problematic for me considering my size and the height of HellBetty! Apparently if I have done my homework (gotten instruction) and have correct tools on hand, my son doesn't mind helping out.

I wanted the carpet cut so I could lay it back over the base plate so he cut an H opening. I had to spend a while brushing and vacuuming out a half inch of western dust and sand embedded under the carpet so we could seat the base flat. Well that pretty much unleashed a dust bowl in my van and it is now seeping out from carpet!

I'm planning to use the body shop which cleaned up my car's undercarriage after the deer collision to install new flooring in back of van (they do nice work and have more reasonable shop rates than than where I moved from). I was planning to leave the carpet in front but Now just hope they can advise me how to handle the sand and dust seepage.

Back to swivel seat; he was able to turn it back and forth but so far I have not. He was using van today to finish moving so I'll try again soon.
Old 11-30-2016, 02:53 PM   #2174

Diagnosis of a blown bushing on the upper front trailing arm. The front knocking was driving me nutso. Crazy how the damper connects to that arm. Quigley said the bushing is a standard rear spring type. Now to get those 20 year old bolts off. Arrgh
simplesez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 03:04 PM   #2175

Van looks amazing!!

I am looking at the X5800BHS. Told you can put two cameras into it, definitely want a rear view and might mount it up high on the door with a downlooking angle.
Flux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 06:15 PM   #2176

Garage
Winch commissioning on the Sportsmobile. I haven't used it since I bought the van in August and have been meaning to spool it out and make a pull with it. All went smoothly.

Does anyone know where I can get a weathercap for the remote port on the M12000 winch body? Mine is missing and that thing points straight up into the elements.

I just purchased a 100' 7/16" synthetic line from Custom Splice and a FlatLink XXL from Factor55. That install will be the next project.
Old 12-13-2016, 01:34 PM   #2177

Fixed my Suburban propane heater. It had a terribly loud vibrating noise when it heated up. The entire rear section of the bottom bunk had to be disassembled to have enough room to pull out the heater.

After that the heater is removed from the metal case.

I determined the fan was making contact with the shroud due to a stripped sheet metal screw where the assembly is connected to the rear intake/burner housing and the fan not being centered in the shroud.

Looks like poor factory assembly to me. Replaced the screw with a larger one and adjusted a couple pieces of sheet metal which fixed the problem.
ridintall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 07:03 PM   #2178

The LED back up lights in my rear bumper do a great job of lighting areas directly behind the van, but not so much in the only areas I can see in the mirrors, so I added a couple more that point to the sides. I also added a relay triggered by the factory back up lights, since the total current draw might be a bit much for the stock wiring.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3583.JPG   IMG_3584.jpg  
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 07:13 PM   #2179

I got my new tow mirrors installed, and a cell phone amp too.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3619.JPG   IMG_3620.JPG  
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 10:43 PM   #2180

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctictraveller View Post
I got my new tow mirrors installed, and a cell phone amp too.
Nice, how'd it go?
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote