Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-21-2017, 06:38 PM   #2341

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoronesa View Post
I did this today at naptime

Two and a half hours. I think it came out ok. There are somethings I wish I had done differently but overall I am giddier than a school girl. With a winch like this who needs 4wd? lolz

I am so pissed I couldn't find my rollers. I am also missing one mounting bolt and square nut, and a brass terminal nut. I bought the winch four years ago so I will finally see how it does. I also need to change out the 8 bolts which hold the I-beam to the bumper mounts for high grade bolts.
Nice ! You need rollers. I will look in my basement there is a slight chance I have some I don't need....Your for shipping if I can find them (and if you want them)...

Old 05-21-2017, 10:02 PM   #2342

What size beam is that? It looks like it will take a beating and keep on ticking.
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 10:07 PM   #2343

Garage
Quote:
Well. If anyone sees that I-beam in their rear view, I suspect they will git outta da way very quickly. That's a rolling "I'm not messing around" sign. Congrats!
Ready to Rumble!
Glider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 05:03 PM   #2344

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayalert View Post
Nice ! You need rollers. I will look in my basement there is a slight chance I have some I don't need....Your for shipping if I can find them (and if you want them)...
Dude, that would totally be awesome, thanks. I can easily make vertical rollers, mounting horizontal ones would be a bit more difficult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrie View Post
What size beam is that? It looks like it will take a beating and keep on ticking.
The I-Beam is 4"x8"x5/16". I was given two 11' pieces. The spacers behind are 3"x6"x5/16" rectangular tube. I got a 3 foot piece for 11$ at the junk yard. He has a bunch more and I will likely be back for more or some U or L channel to make running boards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glider View Post
Well. If anyone sees that I-beam in their rear view, I suspect they will git outta da way very quickly. That's a rolling "I'm not messing around" sign. Congrats!
Yeah, I think they will. It is lighter than a railroad tie and definitely looks more ba. Thanks for the compliments guys, all I have gotten is compliments from people around town on how cool it is.
skoronesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 09:00 AM   #2345

Ladder

Had a ladder powder coated.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20170523_085746.jpg  
winmag4582001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 02:53 PM   #2346

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmag4582001 View Post
Had a ladder powder coated.
Nice ladder. Even nicer window sticker
Old 05-24-2017, 10:48 PM   #2347

Garage
Quote:

Two and a half hours. I think it came out ok. There are somethings I wish I had done differently but overall I am giddier than a school girl. With a winch like this who needs 4wd? lolz

I am so pissed I couldn't find my rollers. I am also missing one mounting bolt and square nut, and a brass terminal nut. I bought the winch four years ago so I will finally see how it does. I also need to change out the 8 bolts which hold the I-beam to the bumper mounts for high grade bolts.

G'day,

Reading your post, reminds me that I have an Ox Hydraulic 12,000 lb Winch, in a crate, that has been sitting there for over 15 years, waiting for a project. Took it off my Landcruiser 100 Series, when I sold it in 2002 for a new Ford F250 7.3ltr Supercab.
Going in the front Aluminess bumper, when Yellow Ford e350 eb50 SMB Is finally licensed. Will probably go to nylon winch cable.
This winch even pulled out a Government Izuzu Tandem Truck & Trailer, in sand, amazing, more than twice the winch rating!
Cheers Doug
2008 Yellow Ford E350 6.0 diesel eb50 4x4, Front E Locker, Asheville Eng Rebuil 20th @ 261miles, ARP Studds, 200amp Alternator, Performance Aluminium Radiator, OnBoardAir, RoadmasterActiveSuspension, Front & Rear Aluminess with Spare Tire Carrier, Aluminess Roof Rack, Titan Aft 30gallon Fuel Tank.
Sheriffdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 09:29 AM   #2348

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriffdoug View Post
G'day,

Reading your post, reminds me that I have an Ox Hydraulic 12,000 lb Winch, in a crate,
How are you going to power the hydraulic pump?
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 05:29 PM   #2349

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctictraveller View Post
How are you going to power the hydraulic pump?
I have looked into hydraulic winches, you could use a power steering pump. Pretty much anway you do it you need a custom mount even if you use a standard hydraulic pump. Using a 12v hydraulic pump is certainly an issue but obviously is less efficient than an electric winch although it may operate better.
Old 05-25-2017, 08:41 PM   #2350

Garage
Thank Goodness for Torque Wrenches

I torqued my lug nuts today. Started in the spot most likely to be loose--driver's side rear. All good there, all good in the front, both sides. And then I did the passenger side rear. Three lug nuts in a row, loose. Not falling out loose, but loose enough for me to be very glad that I caught them when I did. That was a wheel getting ready to bounce down the road without me.

I'll be torquing my lug nuts on a regular basis from now on.

Yikes.
Ready to Rumble!
Glider is offline   Reply With Quote