Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2017, 01:44 PM   #2401

I sipped a cold beverage while my wife rotated the tires and changed the oil yesterday. Yeah, she's pretty badass.

TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 01:46 PM   #2402

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLetterJ View Post
I sipped a cold beverage while my wife rotated the tires and changed the oil yesterday. Yeah, she's pretty badass.
You win!

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 03:00 PM   #2403
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post
You win!

He might have won the battle, but he's going to loose the war.

Herb
Old 06-22-2017, 02:50 PM   #2404

This is the last 2 weeks. Fixed inop Starcool AC. Installed 2 new Optima Blue Tops. Fixed inop door actuator. Swiveled front pass seat around and drank cold beer. went to Frisco, Co. for some camping. Yelled at dumbass who was trying to break into van @ 3am. Called police when he got agitated with me. Watched him get arrested. Went back to sleep. Bought new SMB only XD-S .45 pistol. installing fixed holster tonight.
plaurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 04:55 PM   #2405

Replaced the coolant tank and cap on my 6.0L. Flushed the coolant and replaced it with Cat ELC. Replaced coolant filter. Also installed my MAXAIR valve. Now just need to locate my vacuum leak so it will work!
Old 06-22-2017, 10:28 PM   #2406

[QUOTE= Bought new SMB only XD-S .45 pistol. installing fixed holster tonight.[/QUOTE]

I've been working on a design in my head for a quick release but locked gun safe. I want it to open by way of a spring loaded electrical solenoid, with a hidden switch, and also with a key. It needs to be within reach when in the drivers seat, and so far it's looking like on the side of the seat base will be best. In most states it should meet the cased and locked requirement for carrying in the van. I'd be interested in what you come up with.
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 11:25 PM   #2407

Having someone try to break into a van you're sleeping in sounds pretty scary! Glad the police managed to be helpful in that case.

'99 EB ex ENG KSWB news van, low rent 4x4 conversion (mostly fixed by now), home built interior.
MadScience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 07:08 AM   #2408

Locked Gun Safe

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctictraveller View Post
I've been working on a design in my head for a quick release but locked gun safe. I want it to open by way of a spring loaded electrical solenoid, with a hidden switch, and also with a key. It needs to be within reach when in the drivers seat, and so far it's looking like on the side of the seat base will be best. In most states it should meet the cased and locked requirement for carrying in the van. I'd be interested in what you come up with.
AT,

Suggest you look at these two options:

https://www.shotlock.com/ShotLock_Handgun.php
SV500 Quick Access Gun Safe - GunVault | GunVault

I found a place, and a use, for both.
Old 06-23-2017, 08:21 AM   #2409

Dang, some people have much more interesting camping trips than me! Sorry to hear this.

Where exactly was this? And to be clear, you were IN the van and someone was trying to break into it?
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 09:46 PM   #2410

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallypanam View Post
Finally, over 3 years since I installed the bumper, I installed the custom deluxe box shelf and organized the box. I had not previously installed it because I couldn't decide what height to put it. Which is stupid.
I still haven't installed my shelf because I don't know where I want it. It's only been two years for me though. So far, the chain saw prevents using the shelf at all. Am I stupid?
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote