Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2009, 11:31 AM   #1

Location: Rolling Hills, Mammoth Mountain, Coeur d Alene Idaho
Yokohama Geolander H/T-S LT315/70R17

Just wanted to say that I took off the BFG'S for the summer. After putting 800 miles on the GEO'S I can honestly say they are an outrageous improvement in the ride. There is no comparison whereas the BFG's jar and pound over the slightest bump the Geo's soak it up and are very soft and cushiony. It was painful watching my wife react to the harsh ride of the BF's and had me thinking seriously about my choice in vehicles but now I think we can get down to some comfortable cruising. Obviously these aren't off road treads but we mainly drive to the snow and tow a boat but either way I think I'll give them a try in the winter and see if we can just leave them on.

Old 06-30-2009, 08:05 PM   #2

Re: Yokohama Geolander H/T-S LT315/70R17

Nice tires...I'm debating on whether or not to go with the Toyo M/T or A/T's. I do 99% of my driving on road and should probably go with the A/T's but the M/T's tread pattern just looks so bitchin'.
Old 07-01-2009, 04:35 PM   #3

Location: Rolling Hills, Mammoth Mountain, Coeur d Alene Idaho

Yes there's no comparison in the cool factor of a nice set of offroad vs hwy treads and I as well was all about the bitchin look of the BFG's but I'm over it now. Just got back from Vegas last weekend so that makes 1400 miles in the last 2 weekends and the difference is just night and day. I forgot to mention that incredibly it looks like I've picked up 2 mpg's with the new treads and now am in the 14-14.5 range after 14000 miles of averaging 12 or so mpg's.

Old 07-01-2009, 09:00 PM   #4

Yeah, right now I think I'm debating between aesthetics vs functionality...Just when I think I have it figured out I go back to wanting the M/T's.
Old 07-05-2009, 12:14 AM   #5

Yoko Geo's are top notch tires for the highway. I put a set on my Land Rover which came with Goodyear Wranglers that were absolutely horrible...the Geo's transformed the ride, and road holding was outstanding for a heavy SUV. - Two thumbs up!