Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-25-2016, 11:55 PM   #1

1997 E350 Headlight questions

I want to replace the head lights on my van the current ones are horrible.
I was looking at the Truck-Lite 27450C. They get great reviews.
Will these work with my year 1997?
I assume I will need a head light bezel, will any year econoline bezel work?
Are these plugs and play?

Headlight link

Complex Reflector, 5"x7" LED Rectangular, 2 Diodes Headlight, Polycarbonate Lens, E-Coat Aluminum, 12-24V | Truck-Lite
Attached Thumbnails
van headlights.jpg  

PNWVAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 07:51 AM   #2

They will work, look on this site for member "motoidiot". He just did the exact same thing on his 98.

As for the trucklites... I have them, and love them!
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 08:09 AM   #3

Thanks rallypanam, I apparently don't know how to use the search correctly. I found some post from motoidiot but nothing about headlights came up. Maybe I'll IM him.
PNWVAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 08:48 AM   #4

Garage
Before you get too far along on that path, check out what I have to offer in terms of Ford van headlights

Thread on SMB-
http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...hts-14304.html

Link to the Vantage Optics website-
vantageoptics

I sell both the sealed beam and composite housing versions and they have excellent output and distance, even compared to the Truck-Lite led stuff.

Scott Thompson
Vantage Optics
424-250-0270
VantageOptics@gmail.com
Attached Thumbnails
13769496_1127432810661207_1775753623104548015_n.jpg   Ken Cordoza lights.jpg   14192189_1173884926015995_4990705429092738724_n.jpg   IMG_1779.jpg   Driving Shot.jpg  

REDOVAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 09:01 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNWVAN View Post
Thanks rallypanam, I apparently don't know how to use the search correctly. I found some post from motoidiot but nothing about headlights came up. Maybe I'll IM him.
Maybe he didn't post about it here.. Anyway, what you need is the headlight buckets (kind of two side clamshell thing), the springs, adjusters, and surrounds. Somewhere near you there are junkyards with loads of Ford vans, many of them will have what you need for $5-$10 or so.

Member "skyrat" also did the same, he talked about it a little in my thread here:

http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...eds-17104.html
Old 10-26-2016, 01:25 PM   #6

Go with the Vantage Optics HID Conversion. I tried 3 previous options before saddling up for his conversion. I kick myself every time I turn them on for not doing it sooner. They are the only option to get modern light off the front of our vans. The installation is cake, and the customer support is awesome. No, I don't work for him. I just think a good product needs the recognition it deserves.
c7train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 01:50 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by c7train View Post
Go with the Vantage Optics HID Conversion. I tried 3 previous options before saddling up for his conversion. I kick myself every time I turn them on for not doing it sooner. They are the only option to get modern light off the front of our vans. The installation is cake, and the customer support is awesome. No, I don't work for him. I just think a good product needs the recognition it deserves.
I'm sure they are good, but I wouldn't go so far as sating they are the 'only option'. The Truck-Lites are excellent.
Old 10-26-2016, 02:30 PM   #8

I'll chime in and say that I have Hella H4 conversion housing with Cyclops LED's and they are not as good as my Truckllite LED on another vehicle... having seen a set of Vantage HID projectors on 1der's van, I will say that they are the best lights I've come across on a van yet.
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 08:33 PM   #9

I"m quite happy with my Vantage lights, easy install and all the needed parts were included, but I've never compared them side by side with the Trucklites. Perhaps one day RPA and I can have a "headlight shoot-out" Anyway, I'm sure either one will be a major improvement.
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 09:39 PM   #10

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctictraveller View Post
... I'm sure either one will be a major improvement.
^^^ Won't take much. Stocker composites work better than those. Just bought a used set of the same lights op shows in his pic. Put one in and waited till dark to go compare and didn't even need to leave the driveway. What was lit up on garage door told me exactly what I needed to know...remove aftermarket crap and keep shopping, lol. They will work as good housings for retrofits though...
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
head lights