Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2018, 03:03 PM   #1

2006 E350XL, trying to find aftermarket radio that fits my wants

Hi all,
I've got a 2006 E350XL that I'm trying to find an aftermarket radio unit for.

Ideally it'd have Bluetooth 3.0+ (for automatic pairing) for phone audio, connect to a backup camera (ideally this would be IR with lights), and maybe even have USB ports.

I'm unfamiliar with how generic aftermarket kits are. Should I just pick one and go with it? Anything I need to watch out for? Any product recommendations?

Thanks!

Bungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 04:49 PM   #2

Crutchfield.com

They will give you all the goods to install. Just input your rig in the configurator and check the boxes for features. If you use an iPhone definitely get a head unit with Carplay. That puts your maps and phone right on the screen.

If you are looking to improve sound on a budget, replace the factory speakers and perhaps use a small class D amp instead of the Head Unit amp. You will get a real nice bang for your buck. Did this in my van and it's nice and loud and clear. Just a nice 50Watt X 4 Channel amp, tucked right in the dash. Others have done this with nice results so yeah, I stole their idea.

I have a Jensen in my van. Pioneer in my truck. Both are good. If you don't need navigation then you shouldn't pay more than 350 for the unit. Spend your money on some speaker upgrades.

Crutchfield is a great place to start and figure out what you want. You can always shop around. But they give you the correct wiring harness and installation adapters so it all evens out.

Check Sonicelectronix for amps and speakers.
Old 08-23-2018, 06:04 PM   #3

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flux View Post
Crutchfield
Second that - ended out with Pioneer NEX8400

https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai=...2Fwebview.html

Very happy with it! First and foremost I recommend good speakers since they actually create the "environment" in the cab - subwoofer and amp will compliment anything you decide on, but it's all predicated on your budget
Old 08-25-2018, 04:22 AM   #4
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flux View Post
Crutchfield.com

Check Sonicelectronix for amps and speakers.
I'll 3rd that---both are great sources for aftermarket radios or whatever we're calling them these days.

The E-Series choices for in-dash mounting is a bit limited but doable, sometimes with very minor surgery for a good fit.

Crutchfield has great customer service both on returns/exchanges if needed---I've never been disappointed with a transaction with them.
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote