Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-18-2017, 06:33 PM   #11

I would take this plug.

and plug it directly into an extension cord from the house, that way you can by pass the other AC wiring. If that does not power your battery, there are a couple of fuses below the fan,(of the progressive unit) that might be blown. You should be able to track the wires from the Progessive Unit to the battery.

-greg

Scalf77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 07:46 PM   #12

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalf77 View Post
I would take this plug.

and plug it directly into an extension cord from the house, that way you can by pass the other AC wiring. If that does not power your battery, there are a couple of fuses below the fan,(of the progressive unit) that might be blown. You should be able to track the wires from the Progessive Unit to the battery.

-greg
Thanks Greg, I did pull those 15 amp fuses, they were good. Thinking it might be the unit itself. I’m thinking I would get a charging indicator light on the panel?
ghetto fireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 07:52 PM   #13

Quote:
I would take this plug.

-greg
Greg (the master) has arrived, you are in good hands with Greg! Not to say boywonder isn't skilled as well .

Also from the photos I am seeing a Charge Wizard (Progressive unit) which is normally just a converter that takes your 110 shore power and charges the battery. It isn't an inverter but that isn't to say you don't have one somewhere else. The display panel in the photo appears to be a solar controller and not an inverter panel. Is that correct you have solar?

Also in the photos appears to be the Sure Power separator. For this I would make sure that it isn't wired so that the house battery is always being called up to assist the starting battery. For a while SMB wired it this way and it caused some of us to be stuck without being able to start the vehicle because it masks the failing starting battery. This happened to me but luckily in my driveway. I pulled it out and replaced with a Blue Sea separator as per Greg's excellent PowerPoint package.

2000 Ford E-350 7.3L Quigley 4x4 hard top with custom interior by Xtreme Fab - Sold
KTMRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 08:12 PM   #14

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMRIDER View Post
Greg (the master) has arrived, you are in good hands with Greg! Not to say boywonder isn't skilled as well .

Also from the photos I am seeing a Charge Wizard (Progressive unit) which is normally just a converter that takes your 110 shore power and charges the battery. It isn't an inverter but that isn't to say you don't have one somewhere else. The display panel in the photo appears to be a solar controller and not an inverter panel. Is that correct you have solar?

Also in the photos appears to be the Sure Power separator. For this I would make sure that it isn't wired so that the house battery is always being called up to assist the starting battery. For a while SMB wired it this way and it caused some of us to be stuck without being able to start the vehicle because it masks the failing starting battery. This happened to me but luckily in my driveway. I pulled it out and replaced with a Blue Sea separator as per Greg's excellent PowerPoint package.
Very well could have at one time had solar, but I see no evidence. Like I mentioned, met with both the former owner and a representative from the lender who was repossessing the SMB. Owner was angry and not very willing to talk. I’ve tried to reach out several times with no luck. Some things were removed, ladder, Yakima racks. Feeling a little lost. I did replace both frame rail mounted starting batteries as well as the Lifeline battery that was mounted above the rear end.

Thanks

Mike
Old 12-18-2017, 08:41 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghetto fireman View Post
Very well could have at one time had solar, but I see no evidence. Like I mentioned, met with both the former owner and a representative from the lender who was repossessing the SMB. Owner was angry and not very willing to talk. I’ve tried to reach out several times with no luck. Some things were removed, ladder, Yakima racks. Feeling a little lost. I did replace both frame rail mounted starting batteries as well as the Lifeline battery that was mounted above the rear end.

Thanks

Mike
As Greg recommended if you unplug the Progressive Charge Wizard and plug the black cord into an extension cord you would be only trying to charge the battery using the Charge Wizard. Since you didn't plug it into the shore outlet it would skip your 110 system. Once plugged in you can look at the Charge Wizard and listen to see if is on well as check the voltage.

The solar charge controller could also support a plug in the side of the van someplace to connect a portable solar panel. Who knows. Is there any other panel readout that actually says Xantrex that would lead us to believe there is/was an inverter? Is there another large electrical device installed that says Xantrex?

Do you have the Star Cool system? I see a relay panel in there that looks like it might be for the Star Cool setup.

2000 Ford E-350 7.3L Quigley 4x4 hard top with custom interior by Xtreme Fab - Sold
KTMRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 09:13 PM   #16

Garage
Quote:
As Greg recommended if you unplug the Progressive Charge Wizard and plug the black cord into an extension cord you would be only trying to charge the battery using the Charge Wizard. Since you didn't plug it into the shore outlet it would skip your 110 system. Once plugged in you can look at the Charge Wizard and listen to see if is on well as check the voltage.

The solar charge controller could also support a plug in the side of the van someplace to connect a portable solar panel. Who knows. Is there any other panel readout that actually says Xantrex that would lead us to believe there is/was an inverter? Is there another large electrical device installed that says Xantrex?

Do you have the Star Cool system? I see a relay panel in there that looks like it might be for the Star Cool setup.
I was mistaken by the Zantrex comment nothing there to indicate there is one. From what I researching, it does have the Star Cool set up. There is a radiator and fan mounted to the drivers side frame rail. Also has a large rectangular black box with a foam filter mounted under the seat opposite of the battery charger. Only other device is a stereo amp that I can see.
Old 12-18-2017, 09:18 PM   #17

Garage
Quote:

I was mistaken by the Zantrex comment nothing there to indicate there is one. From what I researching, it does have the Star Cool set up. There is a radiator and fan mounted to the drivers side frame rail. Also has a large rectangular black box with a foam filter mounted under the seat opposite of the battery charger. Only other electrical component is a amp for the stereo
Old 12-19-2017, 11:40 AM   #18

Follow the wires from the converter to see where they go. It should go to the battery, I don't believe there is any other circuit protection per SMB. But something might be added.

I suspect that when the Converter has AC power the led on the charge wizard will light up, I have never used a progressive converter so others that have one are better suited on that.

-greg
Scalf77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 12:19 PM   #19

Quote:

I suspect that when the Converter has AC power the led on the charge wizard will light up, I have never used a progressive converter so others that have one are better suited on that.

-greg
I've got a Progressive Dynamics Converter and Charge wizard......exactly correct, the LED on the charge wizard blinks indicating what charge mode it's in according to the literature.........

https://www.progressivedyn.com/wp-co...Fold-Flyer.pdf
2003 Honda Element
boywonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 01:40 PM   #20

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by boywonder View Post
I've got a Progressive Dynamics Converter and Charge wizard......exactly correct, the LED on the charge wizard blinks indicating what charge mode it's in according to the literature.........

https://www.progressivedyn.com/wp-co...Fold-Flyer.pdf
Awesome thanks, so this panel has nothing to due with the converter and the charge wizard?
Attached Thumbnails
E6C804E0-1B08-4FBE-BB07-C86D9A991544.jpg