Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-16-2010, 09:25 PM   #1

Adding Auxiliary Lights to a stock bumper

I have a non 4x4 sportsmobile but I regularly find myself in places where the headlights just are not up to the job. My most recent trip was into the desert in Mexico and I found myself doing some light offroading in the dark trying to get to my destination. Needless to say some auxiliary lights would of been extremely useful. The problem is that my stock front bumber does not have any tabs to add some lights. What is the best way to add lights here? It is a 91 van so it just has the stock stainless bumper.

bburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:42 PM   #2
Site Team

Garage
Re: Adding Auxiliary Lights to a stock bumper

I'm running LED lights and for close range slower driving they work great. But they are expensive and somewhat directional. I have a 42" bar on the roof as well as two side lights that direct toward the sides for approching turns. The new generation models will pack a hugh punch in a much smaller package. Check out how they can be mounted... you might find something here that can work for you. Check out these guys...I got really great prices from them.
http://www.visionxonly.com/5.html

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 08:36 AM   #3

Re: Adding Auxiliary Lights to a stock bumper

I did this on our stock bumper (2007) a couple of years ago. Here is my write up on it: http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/vie...581&hilit=piaa