Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-04-2009, 02:56 PM   #21

Re: AM coffee

Thanks again-I'm thinking again about the propane I was going to forgo. In my motor home the 12v coffee pots took forever (so probably Honda power). Has anyone tried Atwoods two stage furnace?
RD

dowgars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:17 PM   #22

Wow what a bunch of yuppies. if the sportsmobile was not enough luxury, now you sissy's want coffee like you went to starbucks. I want to vomit, I thought this was "CAMPING" why dont you just pick up a barista on your way out of town so that you can have coffee the way you like it in the morning oh don't forget to pay the over priced $ 5.00 and leave a tip for the young lady as well!! yak yak yak . Whats next your trailering your Harley to the Black Hills of S.D. so that you can say that you are a Harley rider and been to Sturgis.

P.S. Eat my dust!!
lazzboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 05:29 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by John & Dana
My wife and I use french press travel mugs. You put the coffee in the bottom of the cup and add hot water wait 5 minutes and press. Coffee maker and cup all in one. We bought ours at Starbucks.

John

A Big Amen for French Press

Gents and Ladies

if you have not tasted ( and tested to suit your taste)
you have NOT had a cuppa coffee

French Press ROCKS

a PITA to make, but worth every drop...
billwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 08:22 AM   #24

Another french press fan here. After busting a few of the glass versions, I got one made of tough latex that is perfect for camping. It even has a insulating wrap to keep the water hot. Makes a perfect cup, easy to clean and cheap too.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:27 AM   #25

lazzboy: I happen to RIDE my Harley to Sturgis (including the straight through 620 miles 1st and last days to and from Salt Lake) every other year from S. Calif. The coffee first thing is to make the wife happy ASAP in the morning. Best, Dowgars (65)
Old 06-24-2009, 09:40 AM   #26

By the way. When your doors are frozen shut in South Dakota in the middle of a snow storm a cup of coffee is a good thing. I guess you 'tough' guys wouldn't know.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:21 AM   #27

IF your doors are frozen shut on your motorcycle on your way to Sturgis, you're doing a couple of things wrong...
Old 06-24-2009, 10:23 AM   #28

All in fun
Old 06-24-2009, 10:38 AM   #29

I am often still hunting in December and sometimes in very low temperatures. If it's one thing I know it's that we all have different lifestyles and SMB design needs. For years I've either used a larger RV or my Yukon 4x4. The SMB will be just right for me. But-It won't be designed for the Baja/S. Calif. warm weather life style only. That's why some of my requests for info. are little different.
Old 06-24-2009, 03:20 PM   #30

Garage
Send a message via AIM to mmocken

my 2 cents...

4 coffee options;

1. Starbuck 'microground' instant called Via... I have not tried it yet, good reviews.
http://www.starbucks.com/coffee/inst....aspx?catId=17

2. I also enjoy my camping expresso maker... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000LUAO32?...89&camp=211189

3. I just saw this pod coffeemaker today, seem expensive... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0013UEFHA?...89&camp=211189

4. Lastly, I have the rare microwave Melita LilyPod http://www.singleservecoffee.com/archives/003978.php

--->
Marty's 'BearsMobile'

1995 Dodge SMB EB-20 + modified for shower in back, PH Microlite Starcool. 130k miles young!
https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/alb...a37caeae3a.jpg
mmocken is offline   Reply With Quote