Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2017, 04:35 PM   #1

Question Backup Sensor Alarm Constantly Beeps Then Shuts Off

Hey All,

I have a 2010 E350 Diesel and an Aluminess rear bumper with the backup sensors mounted in it. Today when I went to backup the alarm instantly started the constant tone like I was about to hit something, as soon as I put it in reverse. I got out and checked and nothing was there, I tested it again in several locations with the same result. If I leave it in reverse long enough the alarm will go silent and not come on even if I am close to backing into something. I cleaned off the lenses of the sensors and that didn't help. Here are a few other things that may or may not be factors:

*I replaced a solar panel yesterday. The solar system is now functioning fine as are all other electronics.
*There is a backup alarm mute button that is installed - it still works fine and will mute the constant alarm.
*The backup sensor also has a special light and switch installed - you can turn the alarm off, and set it high or low. A light also turns on when the alarm is triggered. These all seem to be working fine.
*There is a backup cam installed that is still working fine.

Any ideas? Thanks!

crawpappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 09:46 PM   #2

Well thanks funny, I was going to post and ask if anyone knows how to shut off the dash screen backup sensor warning!

I replaced the one that read bad per code but apparently all four are bad. I sent the one new one back due to cost $$$

I can see the backup view with the red/green/yellow lines.
Old 04-17-2017, 11:51 AM   #3
Site Team

I've had a backup sensors (factory install) constantly beep, and used a can of compressed air to clean around each sensor to remove dirt and debris. Wouldn't explain why yours shut off though.

Herb
Old 04-17-2017, 09:06 PM   #4

Used the on board compressor to blow mine out. Working normally again! Thanks for the suggestion.
crawpappy is offline   Reply With Quote