Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2017, 08:15 AM   #131

Darryl,

I believe this video will give you a overview of the Blue Sea 7622.
http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...2-a-16340.html

You don't need to use the remote switch, although I find it pretty invaluable just as a indicator alone. I think it mainly comes down to access, generally the Separators /ACR's are located in difficult areas to access.

I have a Upgrade Guide to help plan out your move from the 1315 to the 7622.

-greg

Scalf77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 01:57 PM   #132

Garage
Dave,
Thanks much for the response. I think I finally have a good enough understanding to switch over to the Blue Sea once I get the required hardware. As my Sure Power is under the coolant reservoir that's where the Blue Sea will have to go as well, I probably need to install the remote switch as a result. My problem is finding a suitable place to put it.
Safe travels,
Darryl
darryldickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 01:59 PM   #133

Garage
Hello Greg,
Thanks to you as well. I love the videos and think I've finally figured out how to do the change over from Sure Power to Blue Sea.
Wish me luck!!
darryl
Old 08-22-2017, 10:42 AM   #134

Garage
Hello Again Greg,
One more question.. (I hope)
When wiring the 2146 Switch to the house battery positive, is it really necessary to come from the positive terminal of that battery? Would there be any problem if I took power off of the house battery post on the 7622 unit for powering the LEDs? If not then how about tapping into one of the 12v dc cigarette lighter type house outlets?
I'm struggling with trying to keep the wiring easier..
Thanks again,
Darryl
Old 08-22-2017, 12:03 PM   #135

No problem with that , in fact proffered. Mainly, these are usually shown going directly to battery so that you know that they are a control circuit. Off of that post would be fine, you prefer not to tie it to some other fused circuit because it could get confusing when you have issues on that circuit.

-greg
Old 08-22-2017, 01:10 PM   #136

Garage
You are the man Greg...
Thanks much again..
Darryl
Old 08-22-2017, 01:25 PM   #137

Strange thing I learned about the Blue Sea ACR yesterday. Had been doing some electrical work and then went on vacation and came home to a dead starter battery. I had the ACR in open mode and thought maybe I brain farted and had it closed and a short drained the starter. It was fine but when I tested continuity across the open ACR i got a beep on the meter. Strange. When I put the charger on the battery the voltage showed on that side but not the other side yet they were still continuous. The RBS was not continuous across it when opened up.
Old 08-27-2017, 04:58 PM   #138

Garage
Hello Greg and DaveB. Thanks to you both for all your info and advice. Thanks to you I successfully replaced my Sure Power with a Blue Sea 7622 with remote switch included. My right arm is pretty ugly right now due to the scratches incurred while retrieving parts that I dropped and rolled down the cavity forward of the install location just below the Coolant reservoir. I'll recover.

I did manage to break a corner of the Blue Sea 7622 off as the metal mounting surface was not perfectly flat. I fixed that with shims and would suggest that others be careful to get it as "flat" as possible. The only issue I had was disconnecting the batteries under the floor. As I don't have disconnects I had to drop them both and disconnect the grounds. This after I'd paid someone just recently to install all new batteries. Not the best order in retrospect.

One question: The action of the Blue Sea when connecting and disconnecting seems much louder then the Sure Power separator. Has that been your experience as well?

Thanks again,
Darryl
Old 08-27-2017, 08:15 PM   #139

yes, the 7622 is louder than the Surepower.

-greg
Old 10-18-2017, 03:34 PM   #140

Hello, Greg, and thanks for this great primer. I tried searching this forum for answers to my questions, both by reading the entire sticky and by using the search feature, and did not find answers. I am adding a house battery to my van, and chose your system that utilizes a trombetta solenoid that is activated by a relay while the engine is running, and here are my questions. First, what amp fuse did you use on the solenoid's coil ground? Second, I'm confused by the switched ground on the relay. Doesn't the relay need to be grounded in order to function and would cease once the ground is opened? Last, is it necessary to wire posts 85 and 87 together? Thanks!
Skidmark is offline   Reply With Quote