Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-10-2019, 06:58 PM   #1

Blue Sea 7622 double blink code all the time?

Hello,

I replaced the Sure Power battery controller in my 2006 RB50 SMB with a Blue Sea 7622 and the remote rocker switch that came with it. The remote rocker switch is giving me a double blink signal all the time. Two blinks, then a space, than two blinks, and a space, repeating.The instructions seem to indicate the double blink signal should only happen when in Manual Override mode, either combined or isolated. The 7622 has the top yellow switch in the middle position and the remote rocker switch is in the middle Auto position.

I have cycled the yellow switch on top of the 7622 to both Combined and Isolate modes, and the rocker switch still blinks a double blink code.

The instructions indicate a double blink pattern would be either the unit is in Manual mode or a ACR failure.

Any advice where to look to de-bug this?

Thanks,

Brian Rutherford

Old 11-10-2019, 08:26 PM   #2

Generally the number one problem is a bad ground connection. That said, the yellow knob should be all the way to left, in the middle it might be blocking auto action. Other than that you need to check voltages at the A & B terminals. Did you hook anything to start isolation?

--greg
Scalf77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 08:46 PM   #3

"That said, the yellow knob should be all the way to left, in the middle it might be blocking auto action."

Looking at the instructions, I thought turning the yellow knob to the left would be to combine the battery banks?

"Other than that you need to check voltages at the A & B terminals."

Those voltages will show me the battery voltage of each bank, (the two start batteries on one post, and the house battery on the other post) correct? Anything else I should be looking for?

"Did you hook anything to start isolation?"

Yes, the wire from the Start switch position that SMB had run to the Sure Power. I checked it and it provided voltage when I turned the key to the start position.
Old 11-10-2019, 10:31 PM   #4

"Other than that you need to check voltages at the A & B terminals."

Voltage at both posts is 12.6 volts.

The ground wire is secure.

The rocker switch LED's are not blinking now. I turned the yellow knob to the left (labeled "remote") and heard the switch click and the rocker switch LED's started the double blink to tell me the batteries are combined.

It is dark now so there is no power coming from the solar panels as there was during the day.

"That said, the yellow knob should be all the way to left, in the middle it might be blocking auto action."

I'm re-reading the instructions, and looking at the yellow card that came with the 7622. I will set the yellow knob to the left ("remote") and push the inside yellow button down and leave it there.

Maybe it's just me, but the instructions and the card that came with the unit seem to be lacking in explaining where to set the yellow knob when using the remote red rocker switch. I don't see anywhere where it is written that setting the yellow knob to "remote" is the setting to leave it on when using the red rocker switch with the 7622. Turning the yellow knob to "remote" seems to me to be combining the battery banks.

Thanks, Greg, for your help again!
Old 11-11-2019, 06:51 AM   #5

Turning the manual knob all the way to left allows you to then push the inside button down. You can just turn it left, and leave the button alone. This is considered the remote position. From here the remote switch should operate correctly. When on you will see the inside button go down, up on off.

In the instructions it is pretty subtle about all the way left being the remote position.

greg
Old 11-11-2019, 10:37 AM   #6

Thanks, Greg. Blue Sea should pay you to write new instructions for their products. Looks like a nice unit but the operating instructions were not at all clear to me.

Brian
Old 11-15-2019, 06:51 PM   #7

Sounds like you have this pretty much figured out. Heres a little more info, My instructions say that a blink-blink-pause = manual override (or Manual Failer). If you have the yellow switch to the left and the button pressed down by hand, the blink code is correct.

As pointed out by other members there is no middle setting, only remote left and lock off right. If you have your remote switch in auto and it gets 13v from either one of the batteries it will combine the batteries and LED will be on.

The yellow nob has to be in the left remote position for the Red rocker switch to work. Yellow nob to the right is lock off and will not connect the batteries until you manually switch the yellow nob back to remote. This is for safety when working on one side of the system there is no way to inadvertently combined the battery banks.

When using the red rocker switch for manual on, or manual off it will suspend your auto-connect for 10 minutes after switching back to auto. I only bring this up in case you are testing things out and don't know why it's not connecting with solar input.

one last thing I noticed from my install. If you use the rocker switch to combine the batteries you have to switch it off before going back to auto or it will stay connected. I am pretty sure it will disconnect after the 10-minute holdout but that may be too long in some cases.
Old 11-15-2019, 07:30 PM   #8

Thanks to everyone who helped with this. Getting feedback to help for the lack of clear detail in the instructions made a big difference.
Old 12-21-2019, 10:37 AM   #9

So I have blinking lights (steady flash) on my rocker switch when in the neutral position. I can manually switch it to have the batteries linked and I can hear the Bluesea click. But it will soon start flashing like it does in the neutral position. Any thoughts?
saline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 10:53 AM   #10

Quick steady blink means that you are in over or under voltage lockout. This can be from either battery source.

If the blink is slower than that would mean start isolate is engaged. I would check the voltages of the Terminal A & B at the Bluesea unit.

Double Blink with pause is manual lockout or faulty unit.

as always check ground connection.

Blue Sea diagnostic flow chart

-greg