Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-12-2018, 01:32 PM   #1

Blue Sea 7622 Help/Info needed

So I've been having the hardest time trying to get the 7622 up and running properly. I thought I had it figured out a few months ago but never rewired everything permanently due to time constraints. Tried to get to it this weekend and it's no longer working properly.

Last time I worked on it, I narrowed the automatic latch not working down to an improper ground. Prior to that I could only get the two battery banks connected by manually pressing the latch.

Went to do a final check before recabling the ground cable and it wouldn't work again.

Trying to get some info on expected behavior and settings on the 7622.

1. For normal operation I should set the Knob pointing left in remote position with the latch/plugner in the off/up position. Starting the VAN after 90 seconds of start will cause the latch to depress, turning the ACR on so that the two banks are connected.
2. Operating the manual override knob like turning it in the off position and back to the Remote Position will not allow the automatic operation to occur for a total of 10 minutes, so any troubleshooting I need to do after changing teh knob position will force met to wait atleast 10 minutes before continuing troubleshooting.

3. In the troubleshooting flowchart at bluesea.com, to trouble shoot an acr will not combine batteries problem: it states to ensure that the manual override knob is in the off position with the latch up. from my understanding teh latch up is the only option if you siwtch the knob to off. the flow chart says to check manual combinme function with the remote control switch by switching from the off to ON position on the switch, turn the engine on and wait 90 seconds. then it says to see if teh siwtch led is ON. This part confuses me because in another part of the manual it states that To prevent remote operation rotate teh overrid knob to off meaning you can't remotely control the ACR.

I'm trying to test all this wiht a 2 gauge ground cable connecting directly from the house battery in the rear of van to the starter battery. As well as a 2 gauge postive cable running from starter battery to teh ACR which is locatedin the rear of the van. this worked for me before so i'm not sure what the problem is now. It also seems that the remote switch is not functioning properly either as I can never get teh led's to turn on when i switch to on. I've quadrubled checked the connections and it's pretety straightforward and confident there are no errors there.

I did switch the override knob to the off postiion while i was troubleshooting and definitely didn't wait 10 minutes for the timer to reset so need to retest again taking that into account.

Any help and suggestions appreciated.

rean1mator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 03:43 PM   #2

You only need three wires to get the Blue Sea to work, both batteries connected and the small ground connection. You would have to ensure that all the other control wires are not connected. Specifically the red control wire. If the red control wire was attached to ground it would effectively be holding the unit in the off state.

If you have the switch wired correctly the switch needs to be in the middle position, this essentially leaves the red control line open and it should go to auto mode. If the switch is in on position the control line is tied to 12 volts and closes the unit, when the switch is off it grounds the control line this opens the unit. The yellow wire is the low side of the LED should connect to pin 7, you should have 12 volts (2 amp fuse ) to pin 8 for the LED to work. Getting the LED working is important as it may give you some failure codes. I would just leave the yellow knob to left. You also need to check and make sure that voltage from the batteries is the correct level (at the ACR) If one battery is two low it will cause a lock out condition.

-greg
Scalf77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 10:37 AM   #3

thanks for the info, i think i need to measure the voltage from the two batteries at the ACR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalf77 View Post
You only need three wires to get the Blue Sea to work, both batteries connected and the small ground connection. You would have to ensure that all the other control wires are not connected. Specifically the red control wire. If the red control wire was attached to ground it would effectively be holding the unit in the off state.

If you have the switch wired correctly the switch needs to be in the middle position, this essentially leaves the red control line open and it should go to auto mode. If the switch is in on position the control line is tied to 12 volts and closes the unit, when the switch is off it grounds the control line this opens the unit. The yellow wire is the low side of the LED should connect to pin 7, you should have 12 volts (2 amp fuse ) to pin 8 for the LED to work. Getting the LED working is important as it may give you some failure codes. I would just leave the yellow knob to left. You also need to check and make sure that voltage from the batteries is the correct level (at the ACR) If one battery is two low it will cause a lock out condition.

-greg
Old 11-13-2018, 05:09 PM   #4

Greg has all the info to set you straight. But Kevin at Bluesea (WA) was excellent to work out my issue.
And had three other E350s...
Bbasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 12:55 PM   #5

Yeah, I worked wiht someone at bluesea on my last troubleshooting a few months ago and they were very very helpful. With the recent fire however they are not around at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbasso View Post
Greg has all the info to set you straight. But Kevin at Bluesea (WA) was excellent to work out my issue.