Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2019, 08:19 PM   #1

Bulb for exterior courtesy light

Hey SMBers I had a burned out bulb on my exterior courtesy light on my 2008 Ford E350 SMB quigley conversion. I broke the bulb trying to get it out. I would appreciate any advice on the correct part number or type of bulb it is, where to purchase it and advice on installing it correctly.

Thank you

Joe

Jdkh2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 09:36 PM   #2

Have you gotten the base out of the socket? The part number may be printed on the outside of the base.
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 11:39 PM   #3

By exterior courtesy light, I assume you're talking about the lights that turn on for a bit in the composite headlights after opening a door? There are two--the upper amber bulb is 3157NAK, the middle side clear bulb is 12V5W W5W. Aftermarket bulbs will have slightly different nomenclature, but searching using those part numbers will give you the right bulbs. You should be able to buy a replacement bulb at your local auto parts store, they're very common bulbs. When replacing it, just wash your hands first and avoid touching the glass bulb so you don't get oil on it. I use a clean paper towel to handle the bulb.
Old 02-09-2019, 06:53 AM   #4

I’m guessing you mean the SMB-installed “porch” light usually installed outside the barn doors. I *think* it’s a regular 1156 bulb.

You should be able to get the broken base part out using a set of needle-nose pliers. You may have to lightly push it down while twisting. Just be sure the switch is off!

Take this opportunity to replace it with an LED bulb. I did that in mine and it works great even five years later now. Cheap on Amazon.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 10:17 AM   #5

Aha, that makes much more sense!

Tags
ext courtesy light bulb