Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2018, 03:54 PM   #1

Charging House and Starter Battery Simultaneously

So today I changed out my 5 year old starter battery and picked up a Duracell Platinum AGM Group 65. I have my house Lifeline 4D and a Xantrex 40 Watt Charger I use to keep it frosty. The charger has an AGM charging mode.

Usually I isolate the house when charging but wonder if it might be OK to keep them combined occasionally when charging. They are both AGM's and yeah, they combine to bulk charge off the alternator when the van is running. I probably should rewire to that I could switch to one or the other for doing a charge. It's helpful when the van sits as I don't daily drive it.

Cheers and hope you guys are having a great weekend. Heading out next weekend for a little Eastern Sierra van camping and fishing.

Old 05-26-2018, 04:06 PM   #2

Charging two different batteries is usually okay but discharging two different batteries is usually not okay.
Just make sure you check the charging profiles and make sure they're very close to each other.
And had three other E350s...
Bbasso is offline   Reply With Quote