Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-14-2018, 12:00 PM   #1

Connector identification help needed

Anyone know what type/name this connector is called that is used on the Warn Wiring Kit for Zeon Platinum Winches for Aux Lights? And also where I might find them?

I orderd this for my 2 LED light bars but want to source the connector and make my own for my PIAA fog lights.
Attached Thumbnails
warn connector.jpg  

rean1mator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 12:16 PM   #2
Site Team

Looks like a typical butt splice connector. You can find them at all hardware stores, including Home Depot. I prefer the ones where the plastic body is a heat shrink material, and I'll usually place some heat shrink tubing on one end of the wire before installing the butt splice, and after the splice is complete, I'll slide the heat shrink tubing over it and seal it over the splice. Kind of a belt and suspenders approach.

Herb
Old 05-14-2018, 02:11 PM   #3

Sholuld have been more clear on which connector, I think you are referencing the 4 blue connectors.

I'm talking about the end connector on the actual wire/cable assembly on the bottom side of the pic. The other end consists of 4 wires to connect to two separatelights that tehn merge to a single cable terminating at the end with some type of connector that connects to the Warn Aux port to power the lights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler View Post
Looks like a typical butt splice connector. You can find them at all hardware stores, including Home Depot. I prefer the ones where the plastic body is a heat shrink material, and I'll usually place some heat shrink tubing on one end of the wire before installing the butt splice, and after the splice is complete, I'll slide the heat shrink tubing over it and seal it over the splice. Kind of a belt and suspenders approach.

Herb
Old 05-14-2018, 02:56 PM   #4
Site Team

A little difficult to see in that pic, since part of the connector is hidden, but if it looks like this one, its a Bullet connector.

https://powerwerx.com/bullet-sae-to-powerpole-connector

Herb
Old 05-14-2018, 04:59 PM   #5

I think that's it! thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler View Post
A little difficult to see in that pic, since part of the connector is hidden, but if it looks like this one, its a Bullet connector.

https://powerwerx.com/bullet-sae-to-powerpole-connector

Herb
Old 05-14-2018, 05:44 PM   #6

FYI that 2-pin bullet connector is often sold next to CB radios. Pretty standard to wire 2 way radios with it. Also comes on most trickle chargers.
Old 05-14-2018, 05:59 PM   #7

Bullet connectors are prone to failure due to the fact that they aren't water proof. Eventually, they corrode and loose contact. If you don't plan on removing the lights on a regular basis, you might consider simply cutting off the bullet connector and using heat sealing butt splices. There should be plenty of wire to allow several cut and splices if needed and the connection will last longer than the van. The other connector's are Anderson Powerpole connectors. They are great quick disconects, but require a proper crimping tool, and they are expensive.
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 02:23 PM   #8

hmm ,unfortunately the bullet connector connects directly into the Warn Winch as that is the type of connection they use. i wonder If I can just cover the bullet in heat shrink tubing and seal it off as much as possible to mitigate any corrossion issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctictraveller View Post
Bullet connectors are prone to failure due to the fact that they aren't water proof. Eventually, they corrode and loose contact. If you don't plan on removing the lights on a regular basis, you might consider simply cutting off the bullet connector and using heat sealing butt splices. There should be plenty of wire to allow several cut and splices if needed and the connection will last longer than the van. The other connector's are Anderson Powerpole connectors. They are great quick disconects, but require a proper crimping tool, and they are expensive.