Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-26-2015, 08:44 PM   #1

Edge Insight CTS - Firmware update and lost most monitoring

I have a 2011 Edge Insight CTS that I added a fuel pressure gauge. I decided to update the firmware since January 2012. I lost things important to me: FICM V, EOT, TFT, turbo boost. What I monitored while driving before the firmware upgrade:
EGT
ECT
EOT
Bat V
FICM V
TFT
Fuel pressure
Turbo Boost

They tried re-instating the old file, then tried reverting to 2011 firmware and lost even more monitoring. All told, I have like 4 of previous 27 options.

Anyone else have issues with Edge and how did you or they help with the resolution? They said their programs work on some but not all vans. However, mine did work but now does not after the firmware update.

I will call them Monday. Any insight before then will be helpful.

Thanks!

Ketcham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 11:29 AM   #2

Re: Edge Insight CTS - Firmware update and lost most monitor

Edge Tech Support is a challenge. When I purchased the unit in 2011 I was unable to get EOT (engine oil temp) and they were resistant to help, until one day I was able to email and reach an engineer that had it figured out in under an hour. I requested for them to hold on to the file. The unit worked flawlessly til I updated the firmware last week. Today their tech support operator stated Edge does not support the Econoline series and therefore is unwilling to help. 'Our engineers are unwilling to devote resources to a model unsupported by the company.' I supplied the date when a file was successfully created and emails associated with the request. My argument was it worked for years until I updated the firmware last week. Their stance is the engineers are unwilling to devote time to a vehicle that has been untested.

Now at a loss of the cost of a unit, additional monitor and labor installing...anyone recommend another company? I have manual monitors for: ECT, Turbo delay for cooling off before engine shut down, fuel pressure and Transmission fluid temp. I can get Engine Coolant Temp. I lack Engine oil temp, battery voltage, turbo boost, FICM voltage. I could just have my mechanic do a one time monitor annually for delta T EOT/ECT.

Any thoughts?
Ketcham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 11:35 AM   #3
Site Team

Re: Edge Insight CTS - Firmware update and lost most monitor

Sad to hear about the lack of customer support. I could understand it if they said, 'here is the info, but we cannot guarantee it works properly for your vehicle', but to turn their back on you is not right.

Scan Gauge is an option, though you can only see 4 values at a time.

A tablet, OBD2 Bluetooth adapter and an app like Torque Pro is another option.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... rque&hl=en

Herb

[EDIT: you can even get roll and pitch on your device, just in case]