Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2016, 06:35 PM   #1

Electrical help 2006 Express

Im looking to start the interior build for my van. Its a 2006 Chevy Express 2500 with a drama in it. It has the battery up front and then the battery on the frame rail under neath. Im looking to add a pretty big stereo setup, so I'm obviously needing some help with the best and most efficient battery setup.

My plan is 3-4 amps to power the speakers and subs. As well as adding a tv, and possibly a ps4 or something to play movies and stream netflix when i have wifi. I know I'm going to need a power inverter for the tv and ps4, but I'm thinking a 400-500 watt one will be sufficient. Opinions on that?

As far as the batteries go, i was looking into changing to a high output alternator if there is one available, as well as adding a third battery on the frame rail. Would i be okay just wiring the batteries in parallel and hooking my accessories up to one of the batteries on the frame rail, or do i need some type of perko switch like a boat. I have looked around the forum, but it seems there is quite a few options and I'm not sure what would be best for my situation.

Jwillmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 08:48 AM   #2

Garage
How long will you run the stereo at 3 amps? The existing batteries should do fine for a couple hours at a time.