Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2009, 04:40 PM   #1

Experience with Satellite in van CruiseCast or TracVison?

I'm looking for more info & help with a in van Satellite system for my family. Does anyone have any experience with this new AT&T set up Cruise Cast or Trac Vision? I've read allot about both of them and Trac Vision has been around allot longer, AT&T system just launched. The write ups I have read on Trac Vision haven't been very good reliability has been a big issue. They say it depends on where you are (in the country & surroundings) on how it works.
These systems are allot of money and I'm going to be upset if it's constantly losing signal, I want to find a set up that works all the time, period!
Please, if you have or have had one of these system, please share!

I'll try & post all of our progress on our family dream, when we have some.....
AdventureRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 06:04 PM   #2
Site Team

Garage
Re: Experience with Satellite in van CruiseCast or TracVison?

You might have to search for threads about the trac vision. Here is a link about the AT&T stuff.
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2922 The At&T is so new I plan to wait for better programming.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 07:37 PM   #3

Dont get to excited about Tracvision. I have one on my new Sprinter and it works fine if you are camped out in the open with no obstructions. I mostly camp in the Sierras and all it takes is a tree in the wrong place and all you get is frustration and no signal. I tagged onto a buddys contract so it only costs $5.00 a month but the hardware was over $1000. Not really worth it in my opinion.
stevepar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 08:32 PM   #4

Thanks Steve, I have been find that to be the case, the new Cruise Cast is looking more & more interesting to us. Even though it just launched and only has 32 (I think, or it's 23 channels) there will be more to jump onboard I'm sure. I'm just looking for more info besides the corporate site, maybe some reviews.
I'll try & post all of our progress on our family dream, when we have some.....
AdventureRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:17 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to Greg In Austin Send a message via Yahoo to Greg In Austin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventureRider
I'm looking for more info & help with a in van Satellite system for my family. Does anyone have any experience with this new AT&T set up Cruise Cast or Trac Vision? I've read allot about both of them and Trac Vision has been around allot longer, AT&T system just launched. The write ups I have read on Trac Vision haven't been very good reliability has been a big issue. They say it depends on where you are (in the country & surroundings) on how it works.
These systems are allot of money and I'm going to be upset if it's constantly losing signal, I want to find a set up that works all the time, period!
Please, if you have or have had one of these system, please share!

Which Tracvision are you looking at ?

Like most any other satellite TV system, in North America you would need a view of the southern sky to find the satellite (just like XM as well).

We have the A7 and are very happy. It is low profile and does a great job while in motion.
....but yes you do need a southern sky view when you are at a camp site. We know this and keep it in mind when positioning the van if we need the TV.
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (15 to 18 mpg) [Johnnie]
2012 Mitsubishi MiEV (no gas required) ($.50/day in electricity) [Evie]
https://badge.facebook.com/badge/1232...3.32047100.png
Greg In Austin is offline   Reply With Quote