Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2008, 05:25 PM   #11

Geez, if you are going to get to 99.8, you might as well go that extra 0.2 mph and get to triple digits!

Chris - I meant to tell you this earlier, but better late than never. This is an excellent forum for the Lowrance GPS and XOG in particular GPS Passion Forums - Lowrance. There are lots of useful posts on the XOG including an extremely long one on page 2. One of the biggest problems people have been experiencing is trying to use mapselect.com before upgrading to the latest version for the XOG.

Old 05-02-2008, 10:45 PM   #12
BC

good eyes Jage----yeah that was an anonomly, fotunately. The device is remarkably accurate but I was 4 days and 1200 miles into the trip, and had been keeping a running log of time underway, etc and for some reason it registered that as a max high one day, probably on the freeway. But I can assure I am not rolling 5 tons down any road at 99mph+!
BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 12:06 AM   #13

...especially with the Ford speed limiter restricted to 90 MPH.
-- Geoff
Old 05-05-2008, 11:13 AM   #14

SDWINDANDSEA,
Thanks for the website info. I'm so far from being savy about computer lingo I'm not sure I can even understand what I read. I hope the directions that come with the unit were not written by the guy who answers users questions.
07 BMW 525xi wagon
Christopher Thwaites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 06:44 PM   #15

Send a message via AIM to lobo_q3a
i've been rockin the Delorme PN-20. it has a small screen but works great for hiking. you can purchase and download different types of maps and satellite imagery.

tho i would really have loved the topos to be in vector format so they wouldn't pixelate when zoomed into.

and i don't think it has the "turn right in 50 feet" voice function (if you need that sort of thing).
lobo_q3a is offline   Reply With Quote