Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2011, 03:01 PM   #11

Re: Goup 49 AGM house battery?

Why not try 2 65's for a while and see if you really need more. You can always add a third (or fourth) Factory Ford Battery Boxes on the drivers side with some spacers to clear the parking brake cable, as there are holes for two more boxes on the drivers side.

I also have a Fan-Tastic roof fan that we used all night I forgot that in my other post but I do not have a heater (yet?) and we almost always drive the van someplace for something after a two or at most three days as we like to site see. So on the 4th of July weekend we have watched 4-5 movies at night, ran the roof vent, made toast and used the hair drier a few times and had dome lights on for reading or dressing or something. The ARB fridge running plus we charged two phones, an iPad, and the battery on our Coleman Hot Water on Demand unit and still had 12.1 volts when we started the van after almost two days (say 40 hours really) But during the day when we are camping we spend almost no time in the van so other than the fridge nothing is on.

By the way I found that if you drill a hole in the front of the side door step-well you can mount fuses or breakers in there out of harms way. I have two 100 amp breakers for my inveter and a 100 amp slow blow that powers my aux fuse box for everything else. The side door trim covers it perfectly. That way it is protected close to the batteries just in case.
Attached Thumbnails
Battery Breakers.jpg  

2004 F-350 Dana 60
Ultrasport12 is offline   Reply With Quote