Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-05-2016, 04:10 PM   #11

I will have to take a look at the separator. All I can tell you right now is that it is from 2007 when we got the van new. We did have the solar pre-wired and added the panels in 2011 I believe.

As far as the battery tray/mount is concerned, the original one from 2007 lasted just fine until last year. Since we were having the battery replaced (lasted 8 years) I had them replace the tray as well as it was showing a lot of rust.

Old 10-06-2016, 10:45 AM   #12

I couldn't see the make/model of the battery separator without taking apart the gaucho but I believe it is working properly. When the solar panel is receiving sunlight the Blue Sky controller shows the charge and the electronics (e.g. lights, water pump) all work. However, at night nothing works and the Blue Sky controller is a blank screen. This matches up with what Dave B stated should be happening.

I'll update this post once I know more about the condition of the battery (getting it load tested next week). Then I get to have the fun of actually trying to install the battery and battery tray back onto the van. I know I need to use a floor jack but no clue how I'm going to balance/support it. Should be fun .
Old 10-16-2016, 06:31 PM   #13

Well, I learned how much of a pain in the a** it is to install the house battery. That being said, I really cannot complain since it all went well without any problems. I did have the battery load tested earlier in the week and all was fine. I used two floor jacks and cinder blocks/wood blocks to get the battery & frame into place.

Obviously this should've never happened in the first place. However, like I said earlier it could've been so much worse. The good news is that I know I can now do this myself if/when it is ever needed again.
Old 10-22-2016, 08:09 PM   #14
Site Team

Garage
Glad you are getting it back to "normal".

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote