Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2008, 10:58 PM   #11

I haven't really researched it much myself but xantrex does make an alternator regulator http://www.xantrex.com/web/id/107/p/1/pt/7/product.asp

jeff@work is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 12:05 PM   #12
Site Team

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff@work
I haven't really researched it much myself but xantrex does make an alternator regulator http://www.xantrex.com/web/id/107/p/1/pt/7/product.asp
Jeff! That is exactly what I have been looking for. My problem is only the high output via my alternator, if I actually have a problem. All good info everyone…thanks.
Dave.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 09:14 AM   #13

Old Thread, New ?s (reposted from a PM)
Another question(s) if I may?

2006 E250 with 2 new Lifeline AGM D27, Tripp-Lite inverter/charger, new Balmar SG200.
Batteries not really used at all, discharged to 69% once. Connected to shore power last night with Tripp-Liter on "Charge Only". This AM SOH @ 70% from 100%, batteries 100% charged. I disconnected batteries for 1/2 hour, and reconnected. Still 70% SOH. Drove the thing ~1 hour, still 70% SOH. Did the batteries get cooked or something? Can the SOH drop that much in ~12 Hrs? Should I clear the history on the SG200 monitor and start over?
Thanks,
Bruce
Beejmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 09:59 AM   #14
Site Team

Garage
Not sure about the Balmar. At least with my Link 10 monitor I do have to reset it from time to time to get a true reading of the state of charge. Hopefully you didn't let the batteries sit too long at a SOC lower than 100%. Even at that Lifeline batteries are well made and recover well so you might be OK. Make sure all the battery monitor connections and fuse holders have a good clean connections as well.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 10:15 AM   #15

SOC started @ 68 % now is @ 100%. SOH dropped from 100% to 70% after charging over night.
Beejmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 04:34 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beejmac View Post
SOC started @ 68 % now is @ 100%. SOH dropped from 100% to 70% after charging over night.
State of Health may take a few charge cycles to get dialed in. You also need to make sure your Charge Voltage and Tapper Current values are correct. The SOH function is very much depending on knowing when the charger completes its cycle, if it thinks it ended early it would have a low SOH value. You want to see your charger go into float and the SOC = 100% pretty much at the same time

-greg
Scalf77 is offline   Reply With Quote