Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2014, 08:24 PM   #11

Re: House battery not charging from shore or van

A couple of thoughts on your issues.

A) as others have said your battery is toast.

B) Tripp Lite will not charge a battery that is that low, so that could be why your it does not appear to be working. There are LED's you can check. Attached the manual.

C) The AC should pass through the Tripp - lite, there are some breaker resets on it also.

D) You most likely have Sure-Power Separator, based on it being a 2006. That would also explain the click when you started the Van, it was the Sure Power Relay closing. I would try starting and running the van again, it may be on the second restart you did not wait long enough for the van battery system to reach the correct voltage to engage the Sure Power.

E) You will need to have power to the GFI outlet to reset it.

F) Also you mentioned that you were plugged into a GFI outlet. Make sure that you did not rest that outlet. http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/vie...hp?f=14&t=8212

Attache Tripp-Lite manual
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TrippLite Inverter.pdf (1.15 MB, 7 views)

Scalf77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 11:22 PM   #12

Thank you all for the help. I'm hoping that the dead house battery is the cause of all my problems. I'm going to start there anyway it seems like too much of a coincidence that everything went haywire at once and one one thing I'm certain of this the battery is done.

It would be nice to have a good wiring diagram to help trouble shoot problems like this. It seems like the wiring changes from year to year. Are the changes Sportsmobile making improvements, and if so should I update the van as I make repairs?
finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 12:58 PM   #13
Site Team

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by finn
Thank you all for the help. I'm hoping that the dead house battery is the cause of all my problems. I'm going to start there anyway it seems like too much of a coincidence that everything went haywire at once and one one thing I'm certain of this the battery is done.

It would be nice to have a good wiring diagram to help trouble shoot problems like this. It seems like the wiring changes from year to year. Are the changes Sportsmobile making improvements, and if so should I update the van as I make repairs?
Take each issue one at a time. To re-wire is really not an option money wise.

Myself I'd pull the battery and have it tested. I'd replace it unless it still has 75% or more of life left.
Once the battery is in, I would check the inverter. You might have to reset the inverter...some require the that the power button be turned off and on, some have reset buttons. Read the manual.

Read the thread about how external GFI's work with the Tripplite and go from there.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 01:09 PM   #14

Thanks again for the help. I'm trying to get a battery at the moment. NAPA is my only resource were I live, their AGM battery is half the price of the brand that Sportsmobile recommends and sells plus I don't have to pay shipping. Unless someone has had an awful experience with the NAPA's batteries that's what I'm going to do. I'm also going to change out my starting batteries since they are 9 years old as well. It's my wishful thinking that this is just a battery problem but we all know how that goes. I'll update after I install the new battery.

Thanks all
Old 08-23-2014, 08:58 AM   #15

So just to close this topic out I replaced my house battery and everything is working properly now. I also changed my starting batteries because the were the original batteries, that was not fun.

Thanks for the help