Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2019, 09:51 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnmarm View Post
Even if it turns out everything has been working as expected I have learned a ton about my van.
I like your attitude.

2012 Chevrolet Express 3500 6.0
shadetreevanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 10:45 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadetreevanman View Post
I like your attitude.
Me too. It's good to learn some things about your van. You'll need to know the basics in the worst of circumstances.

I really recommend to anyone buying one of these vans to make sure ALL batteries are good and every electrical device is working before ever leaving the house. If your van is more than 5 years old and you don't know the history of them (and you want to insure happy people on a trip) then just replace them. It's a few hundred bucks. Drop in the bucket compared to these vans.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 07:16 PM   #33

Alright! fun times. I had turned the inverter off after testing it earlier this week. I have been working on the van to install a new Radio. So i had doors open, lights on, turning to ACCY and occasionally starting.

Today i go to start the van, nothing. Battery is dead. And the inverter was off. So inverter is not blame. Older battery, and missing second battery is surely to blame.

Im guessing the one battery is just barely enough to start the van, and by me working on the van i guess i drained just enough to cause a problem.

I have a new frame rail tray on the way, but may go ahead and get two new batteries and get the one replaced in the meantime and have the second ready to go when the tray arrives.

Thanks for everyones help!
tnmarm is offline   Reply With Quote