Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-28-2017, 08:07 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
Well... here's something if you're a gadget freak:

https://www.rearviewsafety.com/360-s...rvs-77730.html

One of multiple systems available that takes images from four cameras (front, side, side, rear) and "stitches" them together to present a bird's-eye view of your vehicle. Also presents a variety of different views from different perspectives...

Enjoy!

Steve W
Southern California
Wow. Check out the video (s). That's a seriously impressive unit. The price is pretty good too for what it does.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 04:36 PM   #12

Oh man... this is the set up. Got some thinking to do. Thanks again everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tienckb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 08:43 AM   #13

Good Morning from Southern California !

There are less expensive units available on Amazon and eBay - half the price or less...

But this RVS system really seems to have the most features. One of their videos indicates that they're the OEM supplier for this same system to numerous RV manufacturers. That's pretty good validation for me. Looks like we'll be seeing these systems on new RVs in the very near future.

Good luck with your choosing and installing

Steve W
SteveW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 11:35 PM   #14

Ive been working on this for what seems like forever. BIGGEST Frustration (for Me), is dealing with chinese that misrepresent product, for example saying it has Night Vision. But, when pressed as to what ‘enables’ it, IR or LED illumination, they’ll say “regular Night Vision, no IR no LED”. Guess what ? NO SUCH THING .... SMFH.

I get this sort of runaround over & over & over, because I know all too well You’d Better ASK or suffer the Disappointment of “false promises” once delivered.

Nate Murphy on YT did a great video about Security, and it inspired a Plan for while I’m on the road long term. The Plan is IR cameras for Front & Rear, the latter doubling as Reversing camera, and side ‘surveillance’ cameras that would need to be IR and waterproof. My ultimate would be some way to incorporate Motion Sensing. I’d like to be able to switch from HU while driving and using back-up cam, to a larger monitor in back while I’m in there. Quad display.

Anyway, Ive lost track of the Dozens of hours I’ve spent searching, emailing, etc. Still, no luck at piecing it together.

Ymmv
1DogRescuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 05:00 PM   #15

Garage
I have thought about cams as well, and wondering about power consumption. We are usually offgrid and only have 180 a-hrs batteries (90 usable). How much power would all this use?
Old 07-02-2020, 05:24 PM   #16

Not a ton, from what I gather. That was why I hoped to have them Motion activated, to save juice. My power consumption is very Low in my application ... no AC, fridge maybe, lights limited LED. DVR for cams would likely be most juice hungry.

I have YET to find what I’m looking for, though ...
1DogRescuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 08:32 AM   #17
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
Well... here's something if you're a gadget freak:

https://www.rearviewsafety.com/360-s...rvs-77730.html

One of multiple systems available that takes images from four cameras (front, side, side, rear) and "stitches" them together to present a bird's-eye view of your vehicle. Also presents a variety of different views from different perspectives...

Enjoy!

Steve W
Southern California
I was about to suggest this very company---I'm in-process of adding two side view cameras augmenting the existing exterior mirrors, want/need a dual view only monitor so as to see traffic at the sides of my van.

RVS has what I need at a good price, Tadi Brothers as well but their prices are quite a bit more for what seems to be much the same products.

HTH
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 11:43 AM   #18

Here are the units that have been in my Amazon basket for the last few months.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...CRLIORXB&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...CRLIORXB&psc=1

Both sets appear to have DVR capability included.

I haven't looked in a while but I seem to recall many more options on Amazon and Alibaba.
Czar308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 11:55 AM   #19
Site Team

It could be very interesting if someone incorporated a four camera system into a new pop-top build. I think it would be much better to add the cameras into each side of a pop-top, than trying to add cameras to the body of a van.

Herb