Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2019, 12:59 PM   #31

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalf77 View Post
I was able to source the part on Ebay York/ Tecumseh 5/8" Rotolock Back Seat Flare Valve 451-268, I expect it was a bad gasket, but since it is a pain to get off, I thought I might as we replace it. It does not come with the new Teflon gasket needed when installing. This unit has a flare connector, as did the original. There is a flare to O-ring adapter installed on that. I did find a part that would let me eliminate the adapter, unfortunately that made the existing hose connection to short, so I had to find the real part. Of course you need a new O ring and a bottle of Nylog. There is not a lot of wrenching room when the compressor is installed, I found that my porter cable router collet wrench 1-1/8 " worked as a good stubby wrench substitute.

After hunting this down, I will have to give my Automotive AC guy a break, this part is only used on the 110 Compressor. Marco at Danhard helped although they did not have any, but he gave me the correct name " Rotolock" fitting.

-greg

Great info, thanks for posting. As I am rebuilding my setup with a new and different condenser I was planning on completely bypassing this weird connector and just attaching my hose straight to the compressor. Not sure the need for this connector anyway, the system should pressurise from under the hood connections. I think it just came that way from the manufacturer (posted a link to the compressor on the other thread I linked). Does anyone see an issue bypassing this thing completely and just threading a straight connector to the compressor?

nemesisnight is offline   Reply With Quote