Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-06-2012, 05:06 PM   #1

Replacing House Battery with Deaver Springs

Hey guys,

Its been a while since I posted but I wanted to give a heads up on those individuals who will be replacing their house battery and they have the Deaver spring upgrade. I'm not 100% certain but it appears that the Deavers are a little wider than the stock which (in my case at least) made the dropping and re-installing of the house battery a little extrra challenging.

Basically the reason for the post is to say "Don't give up!" I was just about convinced that there was no way to safely drop the battery because the clearances were so tight.

But I did make it and the way I was able to pull it off was I took a regular floor jack and put a 2x6 across it to spread out the load and after I had unbolted the battery frame and started to lower it I had to not only shift it over (which is as designed) but I also had to teeter-totter the battery frame so that one side dropped below the springs and then moved it back over.

I didn't take pics (since I didn't think it was going to be that hard) but again don't despair, it WILL come out of there, just not as easy as you might think.

P.S. There's plenty of great threads in the archives about how to do the battery swap, etc. I too installed a camlock web strap around the battery just as extra precaution and to keep everything in place.

DUKCSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:20 AM   #2
Site Team

Garage
Re: Replacing House Battery with Deaver Springs

Maybe show a pic of the clearance problem? Could be the battery frames are all different depending on several factors.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote