Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-13-2015, 07:22 PM   #1

Reverse wire color on '08 E-350?

So... I have a Pioneer AVH-X5700BHS that I want to install, and a rear view cam to toss into the mix. What I want to know is what wire do I look for to connect the reverse trigger on the deck to? I've been searching all over and still don't have a definitive answer. Some help would be greatly appreciated!

Also... I'd love to get a PDF version of the service/repair manual for my van... does anyone have an idea of where I can source it? I found something for $170 on CD - from Ford. That's crazy talk, lol. An actual book would be fine too...

Thanks!

Highball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 08:18 PM   #2

how about EBAY.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2008-Ford-Ec...qKxolg&vxp=mtr

-greg
Scalf77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 05:01 AM   #3
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Anyone doing the bulk of their own electrical work on the factory systems owes it to themselves to obtain the EVTM that are specific to the actual year of their van. They're available in printed form or CD-ROM's that are theoretically out-of-date but still usable with a minor bit of computer clock tweaking.

These manuals do NOT address anything aftermarket so devices not part of the original build or optional from Ford so keep that in mind.

This is ending soon---perhaps too soon if not reading this at 7am EST :http://www.ebay.com/itm/2008-Ford-E-...RWWfxK&vxp=mtr

This is also a good deal, more time left to scoop it up: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2008-Ford-E-...NSoeYs&vxp=mtr

FWIW I've not found the printed versions of shop manuals all that useful or easy to navigate for a variety of reasons. OTOH CD-ROM's are a bit easier to use but without Ford specific tools and a bit of mechanical experience they might seem a bit over the heads to those just beginning DIY maintenance and repair of their Ford van chassis/bodies.

Also AutoZone has a free schematic service if you create an "account"---those can be helpful if the full editions aren't needed or wanted.

HTH
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 08:09 AM   #4

Why is ebay the one place I never look for this chit? lol.

At least I'll know for sure once the book finds its way to me... meanwhile I'll keep searching for this heavily guarded info and poke around a little behind the kick panel.
Old 12-14-2015, 08:41 AM   #5
JWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highball View Post
Why is ebay the one place I never look for this chit? lol.

At least I'll know for sure once the book finds its way to me... meanwhile I'll keep searching for this heavily guarded info and poke around a little behind the kick panel.

Ya do realize it's only heavily guarded if you don't know where to look----right?

And BTW eBay is AKA "fleabay" with good reason...........
Old 12-14-2015, 09:14 AM   #6

I can't be the first member to install an aftermarket h/u with the ability to run a backup camera. No worries... I'll git-r-done come hell or high water.
Old 12-14-2015, 11:07 AM   #7

This might just get me (and anybody else looking for this info) pointed in the right direction:

12 Volts red (fusible link B) + Smart Junction Box under driver dash, black 1 pin plug (G), pin 1
Second 12 Volts blue/red or green/red (x3) (common 20A) + ignition switch, gray 13 pin plug, pins 2, 7, 9
Starter blue/white + ignition switch, gray 13 pin plug, pin 5
Second Starter N/A
Ignition white/orange + ignition switch, gray 13 pin plug, pin 1
Second Ignition N/A
Third Ignition N/A
Accessory brown/yellow + ignition switch, gray 13 pin plug, pin 8
Second Accessory purple/green + ignition switch, gray 13 pin plug, pin 3
Third Accessory N/A
Keysense blue/gray - ignition key switch, gray 10 pin plug, pin 10
Data Bus yellow/orange (TX); purple/gray (RX) data PATS Transceiver around ignition key sw, green 4 pin plug, pins 4, 3
The PATS ignition is blue/brown in pin 2, and ground is black/blue in pin 1.
Can Bus High gray/orange (MS CAN); white/blue (HS CAN) data data link connector, black 16 pin plug, pins 3, 6
Can Bus Low purple/orange (MS CAN); white (HS CAN) data data link connector, black 16 pin plug, pins 11, 14
Can Bus Sw N/A
Power Lock gray/yellow - driver kick or SJB under driver dash, gray 26 pin plug (C), pin 17
Power Unlock purple/gray - driver kick or SJB under driver dash, gray 26 pin plug (C), pin 4
Lock Motor gray/brown 5 wire driver kick or SJB under driver dash, black 32 pin plug (D), pin 6
Driver Unlock Motor blue/green 5 wire driver kick or SJB under driver dash, black 32 pin plug (D), pin 28
Passenger Unlock Motor purple/gray 5 wire driver kick or SJB under driver dash, black 32 pin plug (D), pin 27
Parking Lights (-) gray - headlight sw or SJB under driver dash, black 52 pin plug (B), pin 31
May need to interrupt the headlight switch ground when triggering this wire. It is black/blue at the headlight switch, gray 10 pin plug, pin 3. See Tech Doc 1096 for wiring information.
Parking Lights (+) purple/white + driver kick or SJB under driver dash, gray 13 pin plug (E), pin 6
Hazards brown/yellow - hazard switch or SJB under driver dash, black 52 pin plug (B), pin 48
Turn Signal (Left) blue/green (F); gray/brown (R) + SJB under dr dash, blk 26 pin plug (F), pin 21; bk 32 pin plg(D), pin25
Turn Signal (Right) yellow/purple (F); purple/orange (R) + SJB under dr dash, blk 26 pin plug (F), pin 23; bk 32 pin plg(D), pin26
Headlight blue/white - headlight sw or SJB under driver dash, black 52 pin plug (B), pin 30
May need to interrupt the headlight switch ground when triggering this wire. It is black/blue at the headlight switch, gray 10 pin plug, pin 3.
AutoLights N/A
Reverse Light blue/white + driver kick, harness to rear
Left Front Door Trigger green/purple (diode isolate, see Tech Doc 1076) - driver kick or SJB under driver dash, gray 26 pin plug (C), pin 14
Right Front Door Trigger white - driver kick or SJB, gray 26 pin plug (C), pin 2
Left Rear Door Trigger N/A
Right Rear Door Trigger yellow - driver kick or SJB, gray 26 pin plug (C), pin 15
Dome Supervision gray/purple + driver kick or SJB under driver dash, gray 14 pin plug (A), pin 9
Old 12-15-2015, 06:25 AM   #8
JWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highball View Post
I can't be the first member to install an aftermarket h/u with the ability to run a backup camera. No worries... I'll git-r-done come hell or high water.
Not the first for certain but without schematics its pretty much a guess what goes where. Some don't mind "winging it" others prefer a clear path to the desired end result.

Between Ford chassis schematics and those provided by any device's manufacturer we have that clear path.

A bit of searching here on SMB typically shows threads dealing with "new" topics---that function or feature is highly useful here.
Old 12-15-2015, 10:31 AM   #9

Garage
On my '06' the reverse wire is black with purple stripe. Bundle is located to the left of the drivers foot well.

Old 12-15-2015, 11:22 AM   #10

Thanks Tapatio... I did run by that photo in a thread during one of my searches (yes JWA - I'm well aware of the search function). I have some stuff to work with for sure. I just need to get someone to work the shift lever and keep the brake pedal planted so I can test some stuff at the kick panel and the trailer wire harness at the back of the van... should be GTG.

On a side note, the repair manuals/wiring diagrams book should get to me by the 30th! Just in time for me to review the work I'll likely have knocked out this Friday, lol.