Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-16-2007, 12:36 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowracer
...But I'd say nay nay to the FM radio link. It's a "Sirius" pain in the ass to use on a long highway drive. I found myself searching for empty stations far too often on my recent drive from Dallas to San Diego. And in an urban area like San Diego, good luck finding an unused FM frequency. I bought a cassette adapter, but found to my dismay that the autoreverse deck in my Dodge would eject it after determining that it wasn't really a tape!
these and the other comments are why I threw out there the bit about getting a dedicated line-in port wired on the dash. It's the only way I'd use a portable.

BTW - if you're not sold on Sirius or don't feel like waiting for the merger, there are also some really cool XM portable receivers that have GPS live weather maps etc on them

http://www.bushnell.com/gps/gps_onix400.cfm?section=GPS

it even has satellite/aerial images for direct reference when you're hiking etc.

If I didn't already have either a hiking gps and satellite radio in the van, I would probably go for this, with a dedicated 12v power lead on the dash for the unit.

https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/alb...43791a54be.jpg
Buji is offline   Reply With Quote