Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2019, 02:02 PM   #21

Whatever carringb says. See if you can find a Warn cradle that fits a mid 90s Bronco. It will allow you to leave the stock bumpers in place. You will need two 1/4 inch pieces of plate steel to mount it to an E350 frame. Create a cardboard template and take it down to wherever you get your steal. They may charge you $10 to cut the 1/4 plate.

I have been using heavy duty jumper cable for my wench and inverter and put a blade shut off near the engine battery so that you can decrease the chances of a short. Walmart has carried #2 in the past. Pick up some copper lugs that will fit the wire.

Many of the E350s have a high output alternator. Swapping out alternators is a pain in the knuckles but can be done.

SierraHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 05:09 PM   #22
Spr

Twoxentrix, yeah I have a air compressor as well. I was going to head over to the van tonight to try and trace the cable from the isolator/solenoid. Ill start there and see if I can figure it out.

RE: Scalf77, I definitely see the concern and agree that 4/0 is impractical and unlikely for this installation. A couple things to mention is that unless I wake up stuck in the mud there is a good chance that between the solar and the alternator charge from the Blue Sea while driving I will be well over 50% battery life by the time I need the power and secondly I noticed here http://assets.bluesea.com/files/reso.../990180180.pdf that the cranking amps (even at 1 min) are significantly higher amp ratings even on the smaller wire which in theory means one should always try to lesson the power needed by using snatch blocks and keep the power draw intervals to 30 seconds or less. Obviously in a perfect world this makes sense but we all know how it goes in real life I'm going to check their wire sizes tonight and make the decision.