Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-02-2011, 04:37 PM   #1

Wiring diagrams...

What's up guys,

I wanted to get started on my research for what it takes to get a solar system up and running. I've tried the search feature but haven't gotten any results for what I'm looking for. Perhaps some one could steer me in the right direction or give me some better keywords to use. I'm looking for wiring diagrams or even a list of total components need for a solar system to work properly. We're not sure yet about how much wattage we'll be needing but I imagine the components will be the same for any size system. From what I gather, I think I need solar panels, batteries, inverter, controller and separator. Am I missing anything? I'd also like to be able to plug into shore power when available. If anyone could explain or point me in the direction of a lengthy thread that I might have missed I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Allen

SMBnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:49 PM   #2
Site Team

Garage
Re: Wiring diagrams...

Well Greg did this upgrade and although it might be more than you need, it is a good post. Also you should search the number "7622" for the blue sea magnetic relay.

Greg's Post

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:02 PM   #3
Site Team

Garage

I'll also add that it might be a good idea to fuse the house batteries with a heavy amp fuse that's heavy enough to handle a hard engine start for both positive and negitive cables from the house system. You should match the size for the amperage needed plus a little extra and use the correct size cable...they make fuses that reach as high as 400A

This may be in Gregs post...I don't recall

Dave

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 02:29 PM   #4

Nice. Thanks for the link. I already know this is a topic that I'll have to do extensive homework on. I remember seeing some one post a wiring diagram of their home build solar system but can't remember who. I'll have to dig through the home build section when I have more time.
SMBnoob is offline   Reply With Quote