Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2009, 12:57 AM   #11

Re: 110V hot water heater - looking for feedback.

negatives I heard are space and waste a lot of "cold" water getting the hot water to run out the sink faucet.

I alrdy decided from my thread on 110 V hot H2O and other sources, that isnt the way to go, so now i'm down to propane or flat plate.

warholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 09:10 PM   #12

my water heater is both propane and 110v. really nice se-up. i'll get the thing hot before we 'shove off' and then use the propane the next days. i dont think it's too much space for the luxury.....neither do my passengers.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:38 AM   #13

I am not really hijacking this thread...I hope but in connection with the 110V water heater - how does the valve work on the top of the heater. When "closed" ie: the valve lever is at 90 degrees to the pipe is it stopping water from getting in or in other words by-passing the heater?

I dont have one but a friend does and we could not work out what was the correct setting to not fill the water heater.

Also - when winterizing, how does one get water out of the bottom when you remove the bolt. Its too small for a pipe fitting?
Old 11-29-2009, 11:09 AM   #14

if the valve is a so-called "1/4 turn" valv, like a ball valve then it is almost always set up so that if the lever is across the pipe, it is closed. only way i've ever seen it NOT that way is if someone took the lever off and rotated it 90 degrees for clearance purposes in some weird installation.

i dont knoww hat to tell you about winterizing.
Old 11-29-2009, 11:17 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrivan
if the valve is a so-called "1/4 turn" valv, like a ball valve then it is almost always set up so that if the lever is across the pipe, it is closed. only way i've ever seen it NOT that way is if someone took the lever off and rotated it 90 degrees for clearance purposes in some weird installation.

i dont knoww hat to tell you about winterizing.

That's what I figured. However when I opened it, no water flowed through the water heater that we could detect with the pump running. We loosened the lower bolt to see if water seeped out. Then removed it. Nyet !