Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2008, 05:32 PM   #11

Send a message via AIM to MikewTV
Okay, I'm at 7 days and counting till Lift Off and the anticipation is now just shy of painful. One week from today we'll be picking up our SMB in Huntington.

I was patient but excited since I placed the order for the Van from Ford back in December. But now - well the next 7 days will be harder than the last 8 months. I'm sure many of you can relate. Patience...is out the window.

Old 07-10-2008, 07:43 PM   #12
Sam

Mike:

Thus far, your rig is looking pretty good! One question I have is what are those 2 pipes sticking out under the 4X4 stickers? I'm puzzled.....

Sam
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 07:50 PM   #13

My assumption was that they were as yet uncapped ventilation from the propane furnance. I'm not expecting them to still be tubes when I pick up next week. (Guess it'd be more interesting if I could tell you they were flame throwers to help me deal with people who pass on the right.)
Old 07-11-2008, 08:44 AM   #14
AEJ

Mike,

Glad to hear your delivery is in sight. I'm sure you won't be disappointed. I just scheduled a service stop in Huntington for the week of 7/21. Maybe I'll run into you, when are you scheduled to pick up.

Al
Old 07-11-2008, 04:54 PM   #15

We are picking up Thursday the 17th. We are camping one night at a State Park nearby and then Friday night in Cook Forest PA. Unfortunately after that we gotta high tail it back to New York for work reasons. so sounds like we will just miss eachother. (Too bad, would have liked to see your van and all those options.)
Old 07-13-2008, 08:29 PM   #16

Build pictures only a owner could love

When near Cooks forest in PA. try the upper loop in Loleta campground. Very remote for the east, and even better nearby 10 mi. is Beaver Meadoows. This has a great small lake for hiking or paddling. Remote camps so take your food/drinks first,. a great private Forest service cg.
The elevation is not real high but should be better than the temps. you will experiene from Harrisburg east. Have fun, Marienville has one market and 2 taverns. Have fun.
Old 07-13-2008, 08:36 PM   #17

Hey Patrick, I really appreciate the recommendation. I'm doing this quick stop over at Cook Forest State Park to check it out for a camping trip with my father later this year. (He grew up in Western PA.) The sites you describe sound right up our alley.