Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-26-2009, 02:21 PM   #21

Location: Disguised as a fat guy, deep inside a secret bunker, drinking martinis, playing rock and country.
Send a message via Yahoo to kmessinger
Re: How happy are you with the dark cherry cabinets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by warholic
And the cabinets are all plywood now, with veneer over them. The plywood is now standard - no more MDF.
So it is a 3mm or so wood veneer?

Wonder what it would cost to redo my cabinets?

Regards,

Keith

Old 11-30-2009, 06:37 PM   #22

OK, Here's the scoop on panels-The rv industry has used a 1/8 in. luane core panel with a photo paper glued and then ran thru a pressure press to apply it. This panel has been used in all coaches from the cheap to the wicked expensive. SMB is using a vinyl on mdf applied the same way. The guy applying the cherry to the panel that one tread had said was doing the same prossess only with a contact paper roll that you can get from the manuf. of the paper (thay apply a 3M adhesive to the roll). This panel is very scratch resistant but if scratched it is also very hard to repair. BTW you only have to make one stop to get your custom interior unit completely done!

Hope this helps

Hickman
hickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 06:52 PM   #23

Quote:
So it is a 3mm or so wood veneer?
Wonder what it would cost to redo my cabinets?
Regards,
Keith
I can tell you what it would cost because I build custom motorcoach interiors. (example; Bill Wilsons as well as the bamboo dog coach he posted pics of)

Hickman
Old 11-30-2009, 09:38 PM   #24

Location: Disguised as a fat guy, deep inside a secret bunker, drinking martinis, playing rock and country.
Send a message via Yahoo to kmessinger

Someone then is wrong or misinformed. The "photo" paper is by no stretch of the imagination "veneer."

I know for a fact I do not have veneer. When I picked the cabinets I thought it was veneer but found out it was not on our trip to Alaska.

I would love to have my rebuilt but I can't afford the down time - I drive it everyday (my Sprinter is somewhat of an obsession). Still, how do get an estimate?

Regards,

Keith
Old 12-01-2009, 11:08 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmessinger
I would love to have my rebuilt but I can't afford the down time - I drive it everyday (my Sprinter is somewhat of an obsession). Still, how do get an estimate?
Regards,
Keith
PM me with photos of the interior that you have know or of one that you would like to have installed. I can give you a close estimate of what it should cost. would need a few peramiters but it's not all that hard

hickman
Old 12-05-2009, 11:34 AM   #26

I just found an ultra-lite 1/2 in. 4 by 8 ply that only weighs 30lb and I think I'm gonna cover it with a real wood vaneer (1/4in) and see how it works. I think it would be a good replacement for the 3/4in ply or partical board. Gonna give it a try?

Hickman
Old 02-07-2010, 09:41 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by hickman
PM me with photos of the interior that you have know or of one that you would like to have installed. I can give you a close estimate of what it should cost. would need a few peramiters but it's not all that hard

hickman

Somebody didn't read the EULA. PM me a phone number if you have questions.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2592