Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-31-2007, 01:40 PM   #1
Oni

Introduction

Hi everyone

I am a friend of Canyonclan (Jeff and Maranda), and recognize EMRider from ADV and Thumpertalk. I have been drooling over Jeff's SMB and my wife and I plan to hopefully purchase our own next year.

Been lurking for awhile, soaking up all the great information. Trying to decide RB/EB, and which floor plan and options.

So far, it's just the two of us...and our three fur kids...but the wife wants a mini me. I'd like the RB, but trying to figure out if it will be big enough.

Plan to head to SMB with Jeff when he goes back for some warranty issues and check out as much as I can there. I already have the information packet, and printed a bunch of stuff from the SMB website and started a notebook. I always do this when researching a new major purchase.

Looking forward to learning more about SMB's.

Cheers,

Mark

Oni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 04:01 PM   #2
Site Team

Re: Introduction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni
I already have the information packet, and printed a bunch of stuff from the SMB website and started a notebook. I always do this when researching a new major purchase.
Oh man Mark, you must be an engineer, you sound just like me.

welcome,
Herb
Old 10-31-2007, 04:17 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni
Hi everyone

I am a friend of Canyonclan (Jeff and Maranda), and recognize EMRider from ADV and Thumpertalk. I have been drooling over Jeff's SMB and my wife and I plan to hopefully purchase our own next year.

Been lurking for awhile, soaking up all the great information. Trying to decide RB/EB, and which floor plan and options.

So far, it's just the two of us...and our three fur kids...but the wife wants a mini me. I'd like the RB, but trying to figure out if it will be big enough.

Plan to head to SMB with Jeff when he goes back for some warranty issues and check out as much as I can there. I already have the information packet, and printed a bunch of stuff from the SMB website and started a notebook. I always do this when researching a new major purchase.

Looking forward to learning more about SMB's.

Cheers,

Mark
Welcome. I think you'll find that the SMB is an excellent compliment to your moto adventures.

We have an EB-51. With three kids and one dog, I'm amazed at how quickly the space fills up. The dog gets the 18" of extra floor space and gear goes everywhere else.

I don't do much difficult off-roading and have only lightly scraped the trailer hitch once when climbing a steep pitch.

I may bring the rig to the house this weekend and if so you're welcome to have a look.

Rob
Old 10-31-2007, 05:03 PM   #4
Oni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco_hauler
Oh man Mark, you must be an engineer, you sound just like me. welcome,
Herb
Lab rat checking in.

Thanks for the offer Rob. May take you up on that in the future. You didn't have yours parked in South Pasadena for a few weeks a couple of months ago did you? Saw a nice EB off of Fremont and Mission by the South Pas PD.

I ride with a good group of guys in the West forum on ADV. Jeff and I both ride XR's and I think you had one before it burned up? I also have an X Challenge, which works great for dual sport rides in the area.

Mark
Oni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 05:44 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco_hauler
Oh man Mark, you must be an engineer, you sound just like me. welcome,
Herb
Lab rat checking in.

Thanks for the offer Rob. May take you up on that in the future. You didn't have yours parked in South Pasadena for a few weeks a couple of months ago did you? Saw a nice EB off of Fremont and Mission by the South Pas PD.

I ride with a good group of guys in the West forum on ADV. Jeff and I both ride XR's and I think you had one before it burned up? I also have an X Challenge, which works great for dual sport rides in the area.

Mark
OK, shoot me a PM if you'd like to check it out. I keep it at Mt. Olive storage when not in use. The white SMB over near the SP PD is not ours, but very similar. Ours is tundra green.

Yep, my trusty xr400 burnt up near Jawbone Cyn a few years ago. Sad day. I've got a Husky TE450 and love the bike. Great off-road, but not so great on road. Might be getting something more like the X Challenge in the next year. I'll keep an eye on the Advrider west section for future rides. Hard to get away with a busy family schedule, but I do what I can to keep sane.

Rob