Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-03-2011, 04:32 PM   #31

Re: Magicbus!

Idk if I have it it not- i'll look at the chassis sticker and see. All I know is it must be all electrically controlled to brake it because there's nothing Ford E350 factory on this thing south of the wheel wells.

tomesd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 02:35 AM   #32

Magicbus!

Beautiful Rig, I am inspired!!!

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-25.889608,29.095320
Old 06-14-2013, 07:02 PM   #33

We recently upgraded our rear bike rack layout and wanted to share it. We used 1 Up USA roof racks and came up with an interesting way to support the cantilevered portion above the spare tire in the rear- sway bar bushings! When they are rotated with the flat part over the tire the box/ bikes swing out without problems but when they're rotated they're very snug on the tire with zero sag and they're very solid- we love how secure they are!

Old 06-14-2013, 08:21 PM   #34

Van looks awesome and the new bike rack is pretty slick. Any idea what height the bikes will be at when they're on the rack?

Not to highjack the thread, but this is the first I've heard of the RSC not being compatible with 35" tires. Does anyone have more info on this? I've seen many vans like yours that have the newer body style (should have RSC as far as I know) and tires that are 35" and bigger.
Kelso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:32 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelso
Van looks awesome and the new bike rack is pretty slick. Any idea what height the bikes will be at when they're on the rack?
The handlebars and seat stick over the penthouse rack- it's not too tall
Old 06-15-2013, 12:24 PM   #36

Thanks to Phil (pjpvi) and now yourself I can see I am going to have to buy a one up USA rack at some point. Was able to inspect one up close a few weeks ago as well. Nice piece of equipment.

Always thought your van layout was one of the best. Glad to see you hung onto it as I thought you were contemplating selling it last year.
catmandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:33 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by catmandu
Thanks to Phil (pjpvi) and now yourself I can see I am going to have to buy a one up USA rack at some point. Was able to inspect one up close a few weeks ago as well. Nice piece of equipment.

Always thought your van layout was one of the best. Glad to see you hung onto it as I thought you were contemplating selling it last year.
Yep, the racks are great. Even without the bushings the cantilevered part was so much more solid than the Yakima racks (but with them they seem as solid as a regular bar attachment).

We decided to keep it. It was an easy decision and since then we totally paid it off- no need to ever get rid of it now. We're heading to Colorado again in a few weeks!
Old 06-15-2013, 01:22 PM   #38

Another vote for the 1UPusa racks. Kuat comes a close second but nothing else comes close to the quality and build. The tray is super strong, anodized aluminum and the wheels are firmly anchored. Except for the tires nothing is touching the bike. They're also the only ones that IMO are strong enough to extend the distance over the spare tire.

I like the rims on your rig as well.
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 08:03 AM   #39

Here's some pics of the bikes mounted to show their height...