Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2010, 09:17 PM   #1

Newbie w/ questions--thanks for reading

We are Casita (small travel trailer) folks, but a small conversion van fits our needs better. We don't camp so much as drive, see, and go.
We hardly use much in the Casita--toilet and refridgerator, table and bed (comfort here is most important), so I don't think we really need the weight of the microwave, cooktop, awning etc.
Is it possible to do a limited conversion?
Probably a sprinter (rb)
We just want a comfortable bed (lengthwise sleeping), portapot storage, and a place for a 5 day ice chest (or a 12V chest), a sink with an emptable sink and AC (by generator or ??)!!!
Your suggestions, especially about bed and AC are most welcome.
Thanks
meanders

meanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:04 PM   #2
Site Team

Garage
Re: Newbie w/ questions--thanks for reading

Sure, SMB can build a rig most anyway you wish. If I were you I'd give them a call. You can also get some info here provided you don't mind reading. http://autoramblings.com/ Follow the Sportsmobile links.

Sprinters are a good way to go for those who don't plan to off road. They offer a hard top or pop top versions. The pop top version allows you to sleep up top. SMB has a few types of air conditioning systems and ways to power them where no electricity is available.

My gallery has several pictures from SMB west and there are a few sprinters in there.

Good luck on your choice. Lots of good info here on the site to browse through.
Dave B

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote