Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2011, 08:17 PM   #1

Placed the order

Placed an order for my Sportsmobile in Austin on Tuesday. I'm getting a Chevy EB. All the folks there lived up to their reputations. What a great group of people. Never had so much fun spending money.
Now all I have to do is wait. Is it done yet?

oldbernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 07:20 AM   #2

Re: Placed the order

Congratulations on your spending money and helping the economy.
Details please.

DABEE a 2006 Ford EB250 with penthouse top.
Life Is Good.
danamrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 06:33 PM   #3

We went with the Chevy 3500 EB gasser. Long story but it works for us. We have a small dinette in the back with a small guacho on the passenger side. We'll make use of the bed extension to get a full size bed out of the guacho. The drivers side going back will have the full bath, a cabinet with the fridge & microwave, followed by a 24" cabinet & countertop and finally about an 18" hanging closet. On the passenger side there will be a sink between the rear dinette and the front guacho. We got the electric water heater and air. There will be upper cabinets across the back and along the passenger side. We expect to have access to services on most nights. We can boondock for a couple of days is we need too. BTW we have no propane and will make do with a portable grill. We've tent camped extensively in the past and have also owned a 25" motorhome so we had a pretty good idea of the type of travel we wanted and the vehicle to do it in.
oldbernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:10 AM   #4

Congrats!
I just picked up 2007 GMC3500 EB with 5K miles on it (6.0 Gas also), and have two big dinettes that make a big nice bed, and have a couple of cabinets. Initially I was a bit concerned about the seating but after I took the delivery, we are actually moreo than pleased with the layout. In fact, we took a kayak trip last week with 7 of us where we placed two inflatable kayaks and all the gears inbetween dinnets. (about 15ft available!).
I dont have the gas or water either which is the way I wanted. We were towing a small tear drop trailer (T@B), but never got to use neither the gas cooktop nor the water faucet but the storage spaec was almost always most critical.
The current layout of the van works very well for me except that I wish I had a couple more windows which I might have them added later.
Thanks!
ubergeek is offline   Reply With Quote