Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2010, 07:50 PM   #11

Re: SMB Texas Factory Visits

Mine's a 1995, it's an E150 with a Quigley conversion. No issue from SMB when I booked it in for the PH.

axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 12:44 PM   #12

Back from Austin with my PH with bed installed. Very good experience all around and they do install the tops, start to finish in one day. I think that is an amazing feat. Place was pretty busy with several vans underway, seemed to be a fair number of Sprinters.

The top works well and is a nice addition. I have a Quigley E150, so won't be going for the full camper package, partly for reasons of weight partly since I'd end up with a 35 +K van, worth maybe 20K when it's all done. Being able to sleep 4 inside and cook outside will have to do. Thinking of either an awning with a side panel or an Oztent to provide cooking shelter.

I took my bicycle and rode downtown for the day. It was hard to get trail details online but found a bike map once down there and had a good time exploring a bit. Seems like a nice town, for Texas that is....

I just wish the guy operating the air chisel to cut the hole in my roof was wearing hearing protectors and safety glasses though. That seems to be a disaster waiting to happen, early onset deafness aside.
axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 09:57 AM   #13

We just returned from Sportsmobile TX, and it was another great experience with them.

We purchased a Sprinter Sportsmobile last year, and a football season of tailgating and long trips with the kids led us to some necessary modifications (mostly to enhance tailgating).

In one day, Sportsmobile added an external 110 outlet, an additional Group 31 battery (for a total of 2), fixed a vibrating window issue, corrected a DVD player problem (which our kids created), installed seat swivels on the front seats, and new curtans. Kevin, the shop foreman, was great!

Paul, Kevin, Susan and the staff were awesome. We drove 1400 miles for these modifications and would not hesitate to do it again. This is where we are buying our next Sportsmobile! Although Kristi says we are only modfying our current one when the kids leave home.

Also, Austin is a party town!
sluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 05:31 AM   #14

Im going to Austin, July 9th, to approve my build, they did a mock up for me,,,,, anybody need pics of their build
meeeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 04:04 PM   #15

Next week my wife and I will be stopping in TX to pick up our Sportsmobile Ford E350 ext 10 cyl Quigley 4X4 Upland bird dog hunting Van. It will be intended to carry several dogs and friends on our huntng adventures. This is not a camper, but a hauler. Our first trip will be to start in Lafayette, Louisiana destination Billings,Montana for pheasants, grouse,and partridge. We will see how the delivery goes!

Neup
Neup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 12:23 PM   #16

Texas visit

Ill be @ the Texas shop for the 1st week of April (2011) If anyone needs pictures of their build
k9sprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:05 PM   #17

Im in Austin again ..... Anybody need pics of their build
Old 03-03-2015, 07:04 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9sprinter
Im in Austin again ..... Anybody need pics of their build
Gonna be in Austin again, March 10th
Old 03-03-2015, 10:39 AM   #19

Look for my White Ram Promaster Van. I have no idea how far along they are.
I do like pictures.
Thanks..
DCHitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 10:48 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCHitt
Look for my White Ram Promaster Van. I have no idea how far along they are.
I do like pictures.
Thanks..
surething