Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2008, 09:15 PM   #1

16 oz propane tank holder

We have several appliances that use the green 16.4 oz propane bottles. I have back up bottles in a box. I have asked at several outdoor stores if anyone makes a 6 pack type holder for these bottles. No one has heard of such a holder. If anyone has any ideas for carrying the bottles, it would be handy, and would keep them from rattling around in the cabinets, or underneath. thanks. oclv

oclv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 09:59 PM   #2

I have not heard of a six pack holder like you discribed, but I have had many small bags sewn for me by a local auto upolstry guy. You could have a small rectangular bag made out of corudra with a zipper on top.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:21 PM   #3

propane bottles

Peabugs I made a couple of boxes , using Tupperware and Rubbermade containers of the appropriate size. I took 4 propane bottles and covered them heavily with NFO Chemplex 825 Silicone Compound , put the bottles in the box and slowly filled with aerosol insulating foam . The bottle's stuck on my first two attempt's but could be twisted loose after it cured for a day or two leaving nice snug and rattle free container's . Be sure to coat heavily , I skimped on the first go around and could not break the bottle's free .
Greggde
Greggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 10:42 AM   #4

propane bottles

oclv and Peabugs
My wife reminded me last evening after my post re: Propane Bottle Box that I had done the following . I wrapped each of the Bottle's with one full layer of 4 Mil Polyethelene Plastic after I had coated them with the Chemplex Silicone . By doing this the foam adhered to the Poly and not the bottles , be sure to coat the Plastic on the bottom of the bottle's . I think that one of my son's is still using one of them after several year's of use . Sorry that I forgot these detail's in my earlier Post .
Greggde
Greggd is offline   Reply With Quote