Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2014, 08:22 AM   #1
Site Team

Cooking table

Came across this interesting table from Lifetime. One half is like their typical table, the other half made to hold hot items like a camp stove. I've had really good expereinces with Lifetime products (tables, shed) in the past, but have no firsthand experience with this particular product.

http://www.lifetime.com/gallery/tablesc ... bles/80261

Herb

Old 05-19-2014, 03:24 PM   #2

Re: Cooking table

Wife and I have been looking at fold up / roll up tables. This is a really nice one but, unfortunately, no longer available per Lifetime website? At least link to buy returns no ability to buy and the other 4ft table with extension is no longer available.
Old 05-19-2014, 04:09 PM   #3

They sell one just like it at Wallyworld, I see it everytime I walk by the ammo: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Camp-Table/20463044
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 04:52 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLetterJ
They sell one just like it at Wallyworld, I see it everytime I walk by the ammo: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Camp-Table/20463044
Wow, who'dathunkit? I've never seen one there but that is cool. If I ever see one in a store I probably won't be able to resist.

Thanks for sharing Herb. That's a great idea.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 05:37 PM   #5
Site Team

So far I haven't melted the one I have that's plastic on both sides, but I could see that happening.
Herb
Old 07-02-2014, 09:45 PM   #6
Site Team

Bigger version of the Lifetime table. Not lightweight by any means though. Going to have to really think about picking this one up.

http://www.buylifetime.com/products/blt/pid-80286.aspx

Available at Home Depot (ship to store or home)
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Lifetime-5-5 ... /205094201

Herb
Old 07-02-2014, 10:05 PM   #7

Lifetime Table right now at Costco $36.99
Folding legs, light weight, has a handle, adjusts to four heights.

Used on NorCal meet up and it worked really well. 2' x 4' top, 2" thick when collapsed.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  
Old 01-04-2016, 06:57 PM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLetterJ View Post
Woo-hoo, scored one of these as an X-Mas present. Nice and sturdy like all Lifetime products that I've come across or owned. Now to justify a trip to test it out, but so far it is earning its keep as a Lego building table for my son (the solid side).

Herb
Old 01-04-2016, 07:19 PM   #9

I just picked up one of the folding 4' ones with the handle also.

I'm using it as a temporary in van kitchen setup till I build one. I have a bag sink and an electric waring pro stove top. So far no problems with the stove. Haven't tried using it with my Coleman propane stove yet but I will this weekend.

That one you have with the grilling side though looks awesome. I'm looking forward to hearing how you like using it!
Old 01-04-2016, 08:24 PM   #10

I had one of the Lifetime/Ozark Trail grilling tables from Wally World also. It's standard lifetime mechanism and you can even swap the table tops around (so I now have the grilling table legs with the paper towel and tool holders mounted to my all-plastic table tops)

I found the spacing on the mesh was a little wide, so my only choice was to sit stoves and grills directly on the mesh, rather than on whatever leg system they used. This didn't always work well with propane bottles, etc. since they assumed you'd use the legs to get the appropriate angle so you were only drawing gas from the bottle. (I always ended up with the bottle hanging off the side of the table)

My next attempt was to cover the mesh top with a sheet of 24g galvanized sheet. This worked great, and I could even put coals right on it and use it as a Dutch Oven table, but it made the thing REALLY heavy (that table already a bit heavier than the all-plastic variant).

My last project was to turn the table into a "stand" table for my chuckbox. I'd previously had my chuckbox mounted to a set of legs from a folding sawhorse, but I found that deploying the legs while also dealing with the heavy chuckbox was a pain. Instead, I've made a "mini-table" by significantly narrowing the frame and using a 1/2" birch-ply top. It folds down to 12" x 20" x 3" and is much lighter and easier to setup than the old sawhorse leg system. The folding and latching all works the same, and I only had to cut and re-weld 4 tubes.
Herbie is offline   Reply With Quote